Boss RC-30 To KRK Rokit Monitors

RyanRosario

The KRK Rokit Monitors have XLR, TRS and RCA inputs.

The Boss RC-30 has 2 outputs and I'm not sure I could put TRS cables in them. Can you plug TS cables into TRS inputs? or vice versa with no problems whatsoever?

If so, should I get a TRS to TRS cable to plug one side to the output of my Boss RC-30 and one to my Studio Monitors?

I'm not sure what kind of cable I need...

Yes, you can plug TRS cables into TS output jacks (which is what your RC-30 has), but there is no point. TRS are balanced cables is this case (not stereo). I'd use standard TS cables, less expense.

I see.. well I would use TS to TS cables, but on the KRK Monitors, the input is labeled TRS Balanced...

BUT it does have an RCA input, so how about a 1/4" to phono adapter instead?

would that be the safer route to go?

Which would you rather do? I don't have both, and when I type 1/4 to RCA on Amazon, only dual kinds show up. I'm not sure if I could use those. I'm trying to find single unless dual ones work too.

Okay I'll look for some TS to TS cables as well probably!

Yeah I'm just checking the RC-30's out.

TS to TS = standard guitar cable. yesterday said you 'lost yours'.
You could use one TS-TS cable, plugged into the L output of the looper (which will give you a mono signal) to one KRK.

Your questions are constnatly changing one thing to a different thing, first its live work using both mic and guitar, then into a Bose L1, and a recorder; now a KRK, it's hard to figure out what you are trying to do.

Yeah I'm just gathering information about certain things I need to do. Just not too knowledgable for the time being about this in general. Just gotta bare with my newbness.

Thanks guys! (time to make a new thread with a huge problem)

Have to say.
A far more elegant and versatile way to rig that looper is via a small mixer? This gives decent, low impedance feeds to the monitors, almost always balanced as well (TRS-TRS leads!) and the ability to play in other sources.

I also see that the unit can function as a rudimentary Audio Interface via USB.

Dave.

Have to say.
A far more elegant and versatile way to rig that looper is via a small mixer? This gives decent, low impedance feeds to the monitors, almost always balanced as well (TRS-TRS leads!) and the ability to play in other sources.

I also see that the unit can function as a rudimentary Audio Interface via USB.

Dave.

Don't confuse the kid with more equipment (mixer) needs! ;) I think we figured out before that the USB only transfers files to the looper (like precorded loops).

Don't confuse the kid with more equipment (mixer) needs! ;) I think we figured out before that the USB only transfers files to the looper (like precorded loops).

I think we all have the right here to offer any information we think relevant so long as it is accurate? Not just the OP reading posts.

And I did say "rudimentary" interface. An RME UCX it is not!

Dave.

I think we all have the right here to offer any information we think relevant so long as it is accurate? Not just the OP reading posts.

And I did say "rudimentary" interface. An RME UCX it is not!

Dave.

Ok, but you're the one who is going to have to go to his house to hook it all up when he gets a massive feedback loop from looper/mixer/KRK/Bose L1!!! :thumbs up: Well, that will probably not happen as he will have lost his cable again. :facepalm:

Back