Bose

MusicMan91

I have some ProAc Monitors. They work great for me, but I was recently told I could get a 75% discount of any Bose product. I know someone who works for Bose, and employess get such a discount.

I was just wondering what the general consensus was of Bose around here. Are they as good as they are cracked up to be? Should I get some speakers from there, if so what kind would you suggest?

Thanks,
MusicMan91

yeah, i agree. i like them for computer gaming or even home theater usage...but wouldn't try them for recording. they have, however, just created a live sound speaker for concerts. Supposedly it's for small facilities. It's really slim and tall in size but has a pretty wide dispersion of sound. Might be good if you want to play in a coffee shop or something.

Last edited:
MusicMan91 said:
I have some ProAc Monitors. They work great for me, but I was recently told I could get a 75% discount of any Bose product. I know someone who works for Bose, and employess get such a discount.

I was just wondering what the general consensus was of Bose around here. Are they as good as they are cracked up to be? Should I get some speakers from there, if so what kind would you suggest?

Thanks,
MusicMan91

I gutted a pair of Bose speakers & replaced the drivers & "crossover" (cheap cap on the tweeter, nothing on the woofer) when I built my monitors. I did them one at a time so I could A/B them. Trust me, you don't want Bose speakers as monitors.

Really nice looking cabinets though.

Back