Blue Yeti Help!

Kipplur

Hi guys, I am not sure if I am posting this in the correct spot, I apologize if I am.

I want to first off and say that I have a Blue Yeti, and am using a program called VoiceMeter. My gain and volume is turned all the way down and I am on cardioid mode.

My issue is that when I am in discord, my friends are saying they can hear my fish tank (basically water flowing). When I record my audio in Audacity, it sounds amazing and there is no fish tank in the background...

Any ideas on what is happening?

Are you sure "Discord" is using the Yeti? Sounds like it might be using a device's internal mic, or perhaps has some kind of auto-gain feature that needs disabled.

P.S. Why are you using VoiceMeter?

Thanks for the reply!

I am sure Discord is using my Yeti because if I tap on the mic, they can hear it.

I am using VoiceMeter after following a video about it. I am not allowed to post links, but if you search "How to Make Your Blue Yeti Sound Like a Professional Studio Mic " on Youtube you can see the video.

My guess, at this stage, would be that VoiceMeter is doing something weird and when you record in Audacity maybe voicemeter is not in the loop?

Maybe try using the Yeti directly with Discord (without VoiceMeter), and lower the input volume in the app until people say they can't hear you.

Back