Behringer Xenyx 1002fx recent recording issue

Opus v84

I've used this since May 20th, but my mixer has recently been sounding not so great.
It may be my computers hardware, but I'm not sure.

I produce noise music sometimes, and When recording directly from my mic to my PC in Audacity, the sound is thin, fuzzy and the bitrate sounds like it's at like 8kbps.
When listening to my recordings as I'm doing them, they sound fine. The audio plays clearly through my speakers when I'm doing something live. If I record through stereo mix it sounds fine. It does this only when recording from the mixer to my software. I tried this with Ableton and various other software too, and they all sound the same. Is this a computer issue?

[I posted audio showing you a before/after using stereo mix]

Attachments

• Test.mp3
    487.5 KB · Views: 14
Well I am sorry Mr (miss?Mrs, Mzzzz?!) Opus but those clips both sound much the same to me. They are not a good example, we need a sound that gives a reference to 'real life'. A bit of voice, spoken or sung, acoustic guitar? Better a bit of both.

N.B. The Behrigerphobes will descend soon I am sure and tell you that mixer is total crap. Don't believe them. I have NO love for their business practices but the mixer is made using standard electronic principles and will work pretty well for your purpose (whatever TF that is!)

Dave.

Wait a second. Is this the USB version of the Behr mixer, or are you adapting the output to the little 1/8" mic or line-in jack on your computer?

Back