Behringer interface

curiousgeorge

Hi guys
the couple of interfaces im looking for info on are the uca 222 and the uca 202 .Are these any good as i am on a very tight budget and just want to get going in home recording.I am running xp [sp2] on a desktop pc the software im using will audacity cos its free any thoughts would be really helpful

For software, you may want to try out Reaper - its free to try out. For interfaces, you get what you pay for. You won't find much cheaper than the UCAs (under $40), so figure it out .... Most people here will tell you to wait and save up your money until you can buy something like the M Audio Fast Track PRO.
A lot depends on what you are trying to do - ie. podcast, demo recording, etc.

For interfaces, you get what you pay for. You won't find much cheaper than the UCAs (under $40), so figure it out

Title says "Newbies," so here goes ....

If you have time, gimme please the basic 1+1 building blocks. I've vaguely gathered there are two things: 1) DAW (stands for?), is that this Interface you're describing, physical connection, mics, instr into computer? If so, would my mixer below work? It has mic pre-amps, effects and USB.

2) A recording/mixing program, is that Reaper, Audacity or Addiction?

View attachment 65275

I think the mixer does everything this more-expensive Interface does ... ?

Interface.jpg

Attachments

• Mixer-DAW - This is it-top.jpg
    Mixer-DAW - This is it-top.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 39
i would avoid the UCA's....if youre using them to monitor, connect DJ decks, and/or transfer music via their RCA's (like LPs etc) then they are fine...try to run a guitar or vocals through them and the quality will show through pretty quickly..

If budget is a constraint consider a tascam US-122 or 144...it has midi controls as will as inputs for guitars and mics...and prices on ebay wont break the bank

for a DAW...always try Reaper first to see if it fits you...you have nothing to lose

Title says "Newbies," so here goes ....

If you have time, gimme please the basic 1+1 building blocks. I've vaguely gathered there are two things: 1) DAW (stands for?), is that this Interface you're describing, physical connection, mics, instr into computer? If so, would my mixer below work? It has mic pre-amps, effects and USB.

2) A recording/mixing program, is that Reaper, Audacity or Addiction?

DAW = Digital Audio Workstation. This is your software (Reaper, Audacity, etc) loaded into a computer.
Interface = device which takes audio signal (i.e. microphone or instrument ) input and converts it to digital signal. This digital output can then be transferred to the computer (DAW) via USB or Firewire connection.

Back