Behringer ADA8000

bakin

im sorta a beginner, but had some questions regarding this product. ive used an mbox2 for a while, but at school we used one of these and it works great. i went out and bought one, but should of researched a little bit beforehand. does anybody know the best way to connect one of these to a computer? im using Adobe Audition as a software, if it makes a difference. pleaseee help :(

thank you

also, im hoping that i can use it on my laptop for a little portability. if it boils down to it i can always use my desktop, but the laptop would be nice. thanks

i kinda looked into it and i might need to get a new sound card. im not sure, hopefully somebody knows for sure.

You have the Mbox 2? No ADAT on that interface.

To be able to use all eight channels from the ADA8000, you'll need a new interface that has ADAT in/out.

warble said:
You have the Mbox 2? No ADAT on that interface.

To be able to use all eight channels from the ADA8000, you'll need a new interface that has ADAT in/out.

Read his post a little more carefully. You need an soundcard or interface with ADAT lightpipe.

thanks for the help guys. i email'd behringer and they said what you guys all said, and suggested something like this: http://www.behringer.com/BCA2000/index.cfm?lang=ENG

how does that look? or are there better/easier/more simpler products out there. what i hope is that theres a soundcard that works for laptop computers that i can use. if not, a desktop will do, but a soundcard is what im aiming for.

thanks again

jonnyc said:
Read his post a little more carefully. You need an soundcard or interface with ADAT lightpipe.

What the hell did I mis-read? He needs ADAT and the Mbox2 he's used for awhile doesn't have it. SO... time for a new interface.

Hi Bakin,

Im using the the ADA with an Marian Marc A (PCI-Card /w ADAT I/O). Works really fine (Latency donw to 2ms) and - I think - is the cheapest ADAT Card.
For your Laptop: I dont know any soundcard for PCMCIA with ADAT.

Best,

Moritz

Quick question: If i want to hook up a preamp digitally to my Motu 828mkii, do i have to connect using SPDIF out and/or word clock?

warble said:
What the hell did I mis-read? He needs ADAT and the Mbox2 he's used for awhile doesn't have it. SO... time for a new interface.

Sorry, I'm currently punishing myself for my misdeeds.

studiomaster said:
Quick question: If i want to hook up a preamp digitally to my Motu 828mkii, do i have to connect using SPDIF out and/or word clock?

I don't know. Thought we were talkin' about the ADA8000 and ADAT...

Back