behringer

micky123

Hi Guys
Dilemma I have 2 compressors i don't which is best to use or even how i connect my mike up to them
I have a Behringer autocom pro mdx 1400 and a Behringer composer pro mdx 2200 any advice guys please

Cheers Micky

In a live situation, these are inexpensive units that can do a decent job of limiting peaks and controlling the haphazard dynamics of band members.... You would insert them in individual inputs from the mixing board.

I would suggest not using for recording IMO.

You are better off with a stock plugin after input if you are thinking of recording with these.

Again, Micky, what is your setup and how do you want to use these?

Yep, just about any plugin would be preferable to those compressors. For that matter, I'd prefer just about any affordable hardware compressor over those. I'm not completely averse to Behringer, but I really don't like most of their compressors.

Yep, just about any plugin would be preferable to those compressors. For that matter, I'd prefer just about any affordable hardware compressor over those. I'm not completely averse to Behringer, but I really don't like most of their compressors.

Yeah, I had the 4 channel version of the Autocom that I got for like 5 bucks at a garage sale. Sold it for 20.

But this really depends on whether this guy is doing live sound or recording. If recording - Sell them.

And yes, the Behri compressors seem to have a slightly good zone. Once you hit them hard, they go to shit...

Note too that if you use a compressor on a live mic channel you will worsen the gain before feedback ratio.

EDjukate the effing singer!

Dave.

Hi Guys
Thanks for all that am now completely lost I'm using a Roland 1680 with my own backing tracks i now just add the voice through
a behringer ultragain 2200 then through which compresser i dont know.

Cheers Micky

I would use the composer. The Composer design is based on a Drawmer and con work well if used correctly. I know it's not the best compressor in the world but it can return good results.

I actually own 2 x first edition composers, over 20 years old and still going strong, however I do think the first edition were better as they just feel more solid in the controls, and they did cost a lot of money when they come out before the Behringer discount manufacturing started.

Alan.

Hi Alan
Right I'm going to use the behringer ultagain 2200 preamp and the behringer composer 2200 mic direct through both then into the Roland vs 1680 does this sound right to you

cheers Micky.

Thats the right way, have a ultragain in my rack as an extra pre (or 2) and it actually sounds pretty good fro the price. I read somewhere an article of a grammy nominated producer that uses one in his home studio and thought it was a good sounding pre that no one rates, can't remember who that was. I read a lot of articles.

Alan.

Back