basic software?

pma5000

As a complete novice I hoping that one of you guys "in the know" will be able to advice me on what software to use. Unlike a lot of people I generally like a few tracks on a cd and detest the rest. I therefore need to compile a library of fav tracks on the computer and then rip to cd. In addition it would be helpful to be able to fade in and out with the volume as I would like to cut short some recordings. Is it to much to expect a novice like me to be able to overrun tracks as they do with "Trance"? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

For once I can suggest Audacity as just about all you will need, it is an audio editor.

One slight snag, Audacity does not save as .wav and although there is a 'bolt on' MP3 encoder I could never get it to work (bit of a pc numpty, better wit valves). For a really good MP3 (and almost everything else!) encoder MAGIX Samplitude Pro X Silver is free forever...OR! I you really want to splash out the £114 offer of Pro X 3, plus the really nice editor Soundforge 11 is still running until Dec 20 I believe?

Dave.

At the moment Magix are doing a special promotion deal for Samplitude, Sound Forge, Spectral Layers Pro and iZotope.

Normally costs over £1,000 / $1,300 and available for just £114.99 / $149.00 - this is a stupidly low price for such amazing software.

You get:-
12 discs:
01)Samplitude Pro X3 Suite with serial numbers for Pro X3 Suite and Melodyne 4 essential
02) Independence Content Library 1
03) Independence Content Library 2
04) Independence Content Library 3
05) Independence Content Library 4
06) Independence Content Library 5
07) Independence Content Library 6
08) Independence Content Library 7
09) Independence Content Library 8
10) Independence Content Library 9
11) Samplitude Pro X3 Suite - Content DVD, Sounds & Loops
12) Sound Forge Pro 11 with serial numbers for Sound Forge Pro 11, iZotope Nectar Elements and iZotope Mastering & Repair Suite

SpectraLayers Pro 4 (PC & MAC) was a download and they sent me an e-mail with the links and serial numbers.

BUT - it's only available until Wednesday 20th December

The UK offer is HERE

The USA offer is HERE

The price for such superb software is so stupidly low that it's insane not to jump on the offer and get it - I did. :thumbs up:

At the moment Magix are doing a special promotion deal for Samplitude, Sound Forge, Spectral Layers Pro and iZotope.

Normally costs over £1,000 / $1,300 and available for just £114.99 / $149.00 - this is a stupidly low price for such amazing software.

You get:-
12 discs:
01)Samplitude Pro X3 Suite with serial numbers for Pro X3 Suite and Melodyne 4 essential
02) Independence Content Library 1
03) Independence Content Library 2
04) Independence Content Library 3
05) Independence Content Library 4
06) Independence Content Library 5
07) Independence Content Library 6
08) Independence Content Library 7
09) Independence Content Library 8
10) Independence Content Library 9
11) Samplitude Pro X3 Suite - Content DVD, Sounds & Loops
12) Sound Forge Pro 11 with serial numbers for Sound Forge Pro 11, iZotope Nectar Elements and iZotope Mastering & Repair Suite

SpectraLayers Pro 4 (PC & MAC) was a download and they sent me an e-mail with the links and serial numbers.

BUT - it's only available until Wednesday 20th December

The UK offer is HERE

The USA offer is HERE

The price for such superb software is so stupidly low that it's insane not to jump on the offer and get it - I did. :thumbs up:

Did I miss something? wasn't the OP looking to just rip CDs?

Yes but if the bod have even the SLIGHTEST possible interest in doing anything more in audio in the future this offer is just to good to miss. Anyway, what is wrong with pointing it up? Not demanding money with!!

Dave.

Actually he wasn't.

He wanted to rip CD tracks, add fades etc. and burn to CD.

Samplitude can do this - you can import CD tracks, you can do custom fades and you can burn a CD drirect from the program.

As well as doing loads of other things, of course.

And - Samplitude have a similar offer on that expires tomorrow (28th Jan.) if you haven't jumped in yet.

By the way, I have no connection with Migix or Samplitude - just a very satisfied user who bought the special deal and wanted to give a heads-up to others.

I quote 'One slight snag, Audacity does not save as .wav'. I didn't use early Audacity and therefore don't know if it has always exported wavs, and I didn't want to seem argumentative.

I quote 'One slight snag, Audacity does not save as .wav'. I didn't use early Audacity and therefore don't know if it has always exported wavs, and I didn't want to seem argumentative.

Oh! No cow intended GS just an FYI!

Dave.

Back