B3 & Leslie

Russell William

First of all; it is really great to find this forum. Thanks to the owner of this site.
OMG! I love the sound of a B3 with a Leslie rotating speaker.
I have wanted it for years.
My Roland JV-1010 has very nice GM organ patches. Do you know if the synth can emulate a rotating speaker and change speed?
Can you tell me how far I have to go to get that wonderful sound and be able to change the speed of rotation?
Thank-you,
Russell

a real leslie has rotation "off" - "slow" and "fast". The goodness comes from when it changing from one to another. Hammond emulated it the best in the X66 organ, but that was an electro mechanical approach utilizing three mechanical vibratos and a 5 channel sound system.

Ive never heard an emulation (software) that convinced me. can you fit a real Leslie into your space?

Thank-you very much Simman and mdainsd

GSi - Soundware for musicians

GSi - Soundware for musicians

VB3 Tonewheel Organ VST: It looks really good!

Instrument Description VB3 is a virtual tonewheel organ which simulates an american electromagnetic organ of the old days, but it's also capable of other simulations ...

VB3 Tonewheel Organ VST:
I don't know how to get around the latency problem using Sonar or Magix Music.
ASIO.
I bought a Sound Blaster card that would accept ASIO.
In Magix Music and Sonar sequencers when I enabled ASIO then my computer immediately crashed.
I guess a VST is a soft synth? Anyway there was a lot of heartbreak.

"Latency" - you need an audio interface that will be able to use the appropriate ASIO drivers and by adjusting your buffers n your DAW, you will get this down to a manageable level. SOUndblaster cards are for gaming.

Back