AVID FAST TRACK SOLO VERSUS ALESIS iO2

HGStc1984

Hi - I just switched from Mixcraft6 using soundcard Alesis iO2 with AVID Fast Track Solo using software Pro Tools12.

There is no balanced line connection with Fast Track and so now I get noise through my powered monitors that was never present before using the balanced line cables with Alesis iO2.

Also, The sound with Pro Tools is definitely not as earthy as Mixcraft 6. Mixcraft 6 is also very easy to work with compared to Pro Tools.

Anybody had a similar experience? I am thinking of cutting my losses and just reverting to my "old gear."

Thanks

HGStc1984

Hi - I just switched from Mixcraft6 using soundcard Alesis iO2 with AVID Fast Track Solo using software Pro Tools12.

There is no balanced line connection with Fast Track and so now I get noise through my powered monitors that was never present before using the balanced line cables with Alesis iO2.

Also, The sound with Pro Tools is definitely not as earthy as Mixcraft 6. Mixcraft 6 is also very easy to work with compared to Pro Tools.

Anybody had a similar experience? I am thinking of cutting my losses and just reverting to my "old gear."

Thanks

HGStc1984

Fort so! The iO2 does have balanced outputs! However, they are probably "impedance" balanced and thus you could be getting a slight earth/ground loop effect. You could try cutting the shield connection at one end of the monitor cables.

I do not see any way that one DAW software can sound any different from any other? Can you post examples?

Dave.

Back