Audio player? Media Player, Itunes, etc...

Boseafus

Hey all,
Been a while since I've been on the boards but I am in the process of ripping my CD's to my HD and was wondering what all of you use to play your songs on your comp? I currently use Media Player and am ripping the cd's using Media Player (I think it makes wma files). Is there a better route? I haven't really put much thought into it but thought that it might be better to find out what everyone else does?

Thanks.

Nate

Personally, I use Nero to rip from CD to the hard drive (wav format), then use Audio Catalyst to convert to mp3. It's a pain in the ass, but hey, it's free. :)

As far as media players go, can't go wrong with winamp....

Musicmatch jukebox is helpful. You can rip from cds and convert them into mp3s. i used to use winamp to play & convert my files, but they changed their design, and it threw me off.

I use a program called PCDJ it does all the file conversions ( wav, wma, mp3) and it also plays back video ;)

i have had a similar problem with my CD's.
i have found the windows media player to be the best route for me. Getting the CD info from the net (not having to type all that in yourself) is much more effieient. I also have a plugin for media player that is callee Xpack, it lets you rip directly from CD to mp3 insted of wma. I would not recomend ripping to wma then converting to mp3 if you are concerned with quality preservation. Each time you convert you loose quality.

CDex is what i use, its good.

as for playing them i would recommend winamp - version 2 preferably cause u most likely dont want to play ur video files and the other useless features version 3 comes with :rolleyes:

Winamp 5

Utilizes the CDDB much like WMP so you don't have to type anything in, but can rip to any format, including AAC, which is what I use. A 192kbs AAC is a smaller file, and sounds better than a WMA, or MP3 of the same bitrate. Winamp also has a fantastic Library function, similar to that of WMP, but far more powerful, and the ability to add plug-ins to do almost anything you'd ever want. www.winamp.com

I reccomend Winamp 5 Pro.

DonF said:
I use Exact Audio Copy (EAC). http://www.exactaudiocopy.org

For the highest quality, EAC is the only way to go. I strongly recommend it. Depends on the quality you want though. EAC in secure mode will generally rip at 2x-5x, so if you're in a hurry and willing to give up some quality, something else may work better for you.

travis

Back