Audio mix down from midi to audio wav file in cubase Le8

Princess323

Hello, I am a newbie to all of this and I am having trouble with my mixdown. I have entered all information that I have researched to do the mixdown and it appears that the mixdown is happening but the audio is only appearing as a straight line and not a wav and there is absolutely no sound . HELP PLEASE. I do not know what to do anymore and I have been working at this for hours. I urgently need to do this for a project I am working on and just don't know how to get the help I need. Anything you can do to help would be much appreciated. Many thanks

Do you have VSTi (virtual instrument) plug-ins inserted on each MIDI track? MIDI is just data, not audio.

Thank you for answering so quickly. I am recording midi from a keyboard. I need to convert the midi to wav. How do I do this?

Thank you for answering so quickly. I am recording midi from a keyboard. I need to convert the midi to wav. How do I do this?

I am wondering if you cannot hear the keyboard how have you recorded the MIDI data? Been a while since I played with Cubase but, as with all DAWs AFAIK, there is a help manual built in.

The first thing you need to do iirc is setup the MIDI routing from preferences then find a box call "MIDI Thru" and tick it. On the main recording pane you need to setup a MIDI instrument from the drop down menu.

I don't have Cubase on this laptop atmo and the "big" PC is broke (MBR seems to have gone AWOL,will ask about it soon!) so you will have to rely on the kindness of another stranger to come up with some screen shots...Err? What are you using as an interface?

Dave.

I have managed to follow the set up for the midi recording and adding vst instruments but there is an awful delay in the sound when playing what I am recording. Do you know anything about rectifying this? Also I seem to be getting some static. Thank you for your help.

I have managed to follow the set up for the midi recording and adding vst instruments but there is an awful delay in the sound when playing what I am recording. Do you know anything about rectifying this? Also I seem to be getting some static. Thank you for your help.

Oh dear!
You need to give us the make and model of your Audio Interface. If perchance you are trying to use a PC's internal soundcard you are doomed to delay, properly called "latency".

The specification of your computer would also be handy (and OS) but it would have to be very old or stuffed with junk not to handle a bit of MIDI.

"Static"? An American term for general noise in a system (and daft! By definition, electricity cannot produce a signal till it MOVES!) . A kdb/MIDI/AI setup should be very, very clean, describe any noise more precisely.

WTGR you are thrashing about and drip feeding us information. Get the Cubase manual dldd and get organized and then come back with more precise information.

Dave.

What Dave says ^^

What make and model keyboard do you have?
How is it connected to the computer?
Do you have an audio interface?
What vst instruments are you using?

Without at least this information, anyone trying to help is in the dark.

I am sorry that I have caused all this problem and the time you have spent answering. I have fiddled and gone over videos again and again and finally worked out how to do what I want to do. thank you for your help. Gwyneth

I am sorry that I have caused all this problem and the time you have spent answering. I have fiddled and gone over videos again and again and finally worked out how to do what I want to do. thank you for your help. Gwyneth

Nice! :)

Happy recording!

No need to apologize, that is what we and the noob section is here for. Would STILL like details of your setup!

Dave.

Back