Audio interface question

andres7321

Hi, how are you guys? Im new in recording and I just bought the Behringer UCA 202 interface but , Since im a complete beginner, I didnt even know that it functioned with RCA outputs and my primary purpose with it was to record guitars only in FL studio. So, after some research and seeing many people use that interface with an RCA to 1/4 adapter to record guitars succesfully, I decided to get my adapter. What happens is , when i plug in my interface into my laptop, connect my guitar to the interface using the RCA adapter and open FL studio and set the appropiate Driver for recording ( ASIO 4All) , I only get a hissing loud noise on my speakers and the mic seems to also be catching street noise but no guitar signal, and if I plug in my earphones into the earphones jack in the UCA 202 I can hear my guitar clearly; but I just cant get to record that signal. I understand this may be a dumb question, I am a beginner but I would really like to know if im doing something wrong before selling the interface and probably getting another one ( which has no guarantee that it will work properly and it may even cause the same issue). Thanks a lot for everyone , have a nice day.

Only thing I can think of (that you haven't already spelled out) is hitting the Record Enable button on the track you're trying to record to. If you're getting signal to the monitor channel (your headphones), you should be getting signal into the computer. Then again, if your USB cable isn't working correctly (check via playing sound through that device into speakers), or you're not setting the input channel correctly in FL Studio (it's looking for signal from another channel), you would not get guitar, either. So check all three.

Back