audio interface instead of external sound card?

cantthinkofname

i just read something someone wrote elsewhere and they said 'buy an audio interface instead of an external sound card, you wont regret it.' (but that's it). do most people agree with this? thanks

An audio interface is an external soundcard.

So I'm guessing he meant vs. an internal soundcard, like the one that comes with just about any computer, or like the soundblaster lines, that sort of thing.

Of course, there are audio interfaces that are internal (like the m-audio delta 1010), so it's not really a hard and fast distinction.

But, generally, yes, people agree with this - your final product will sound better, all things being equal, if you invest in higher quality recording gear.

thanks that's what i thought too, but i was wondering if i was missing something in what he meant and what i've allready found out myself lol. i guess not. this really makes me laugh, but i had to be sure. thanks:) hope you have a nice day:D

I have a now-ancient Steinberg VSL2020 (internal card), and I don't regret it. Well OK, the mixer app doesn't work properly, but that's a minor annoyance. I think I bought it used in 2005 for $100 . . .

Back