audio interface advice

lagwagon06

Hi guys,

I actually own a presonus audiobox usb and want to upgrade and I am kind of lost with the different possibilities. My budget would be between 200 and 500 dollars. What I would need is 4 inputs and midi in/out.
So far I have looked at the new presonus studio 68 and some scarlett interfaces. I was really interested in the presosonu studio 192 mobile but it doesn t have a midi in/out.

What would be your advice ?

Hi,
I don't have specific recommendations but I'd advise looking for interfaces with eight inputs.
It's not just from the point of view that four is easy to outgrow, for most, but that there are more offerings out there with eight inputs.

OS compatibility is a major consideration, so tell us what system you're on and what buses you'd consider using, please.

Hi,
I don't have specific recommendations but I'd advise looking for interfaces with eight inputs.
It's not just from the point of view that four is easy to outgrow, for most, but that there are more offerings out there with eight inputs.

OS compatibility is a major consideration, so tell us what system you're on and what buses you'd consider using, please.

I am running windows 7 and use studio one. I will mainly use it to record a guitar directly on the interfance, or mic for amp, voc etc ... and maybe one day drums.

I purchased the 18i20. Very happy with my investment, I use it in conjunction with a BLA modified Behringer 8 channel ADAT preamp. The focusrite is a well built unit with a decent control app. In my opinion it one of the best interfaces for those on a budget. Presonus has left a bad taste in my mouth since my experience with the studiolive consoles.

Back