Thread: Audio Files Transcription

Allan123 is offline New Member
    Thanks

Audio Files Transcription

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi,

Good day to all. Thanks for accepting me here. I'm just a newbie and badly need help. Does anybody here knows any software or service where I can transcribe my audio files into text? I have tons of it in different formats and I have no time listening to all of it and transcribe it into words. I'm willing to spend a few bucks for it but better if it will be free.

Thanks,
    Allan

PRHunt is offline I void warranties
    Thanks
    Just to clarify, are you looking for some kind of speech recognition software?
    "Bad speakers in a bad room could be likened to painting in a dark room with coloured glasses on. It really is guesswork." Steenie

The Rock is offline New Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan123 View Post
    Hi,

Good day to all. Thanks for accepting me here. I'm just a newbie and badly need help. Does anybody here knows any software or service where I can transcribe my audio files into text? I have tons of it in different formats and I have no time listening to all of it and transcribe it into words. I'm willing to spend a few bucks for it but better if it will be free.

Thanks,
    Allan

I think this is what you're trying to look for Speech To Text - Audio transcription service I have used that for my seminars and webinars. It can be used to convert speech, audio, voice, etc. to texts. Hope this helps.

DaleVO is offline Poor Farm Productions
    Thanks
    Allan,
    If you are looking to convert recorded files to text, I have never tested any software. I have used a few speech to text softwares. With training, some of the softwares are surprisingly accurate. One software that impresses me is Dragon Dictation. I have the free DD App on my iPhone for transcription. The freebie does not appear to have a way to train the software.
    However, you have piqued my curiosity. I will test it to see if I can get it to interface and transcribe from an audio out.
    Dale

Follow up: I employed the KISS method, by using the free DD App on my iPad, to record a few audio files played through my monitors (no hard wired conn). I played one of my :30sec radio spots that contained a music bed vs. the dry VO. The transcription results for the music bed version were probably >90% accurate. The dry VO transcript was a little more accurate. I assumed the music bed washed out some of the words. My experience is that the untrainable, freebie-app's accuracy increases when you clearly enunciate.
    Although I enjoyed experimenting, the freebie DD app may not be a viable solution for the amount of transcription that you need to do. However, training the retail version of DragonSpeak or the Win7 Speech Recognition software may work.
    Last edited by DaleVO; 07-27-2013 at 18:32. Reason: Follow up

liamkakl is offline New Member
    Thanks
    I already found reliable audio transcription service. scribeon.com

I have had two positive experiences about it. 1st Perfect accuracy. (only few inaudibles in almost 2 hours recording) 2nd. Professional support.

Also I have 15% discount code then I will be using this service next time great!
    Last edited by liamkakl; 09-11-2013 at 09:57. Reason: Need to be more accurate.

Thanks
    scribeon.com didn't work well with me.

Thanks
    Tried the Rock suggestion about Speech To Text - Audio transcription service. Haven't had any issues yet. Hope it works well althroughout.

The Rock is offline New Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan123 View Post
    Tried the Rock suggestion about Speech To Text - Audio transcription service. Haven't had any issues yet. Hope it works well althroughout.
    Hey Allan, good to hear you've tried it. How was it?

Anyway, https://www.speechtotextservice.com/ has made some upgrades now. Check it out. Are you still using it?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rock View Post
    Hey Allan, good to hear you've tried it. How was it?

Anyway, https://www.speechtotextservice.com/ has made some upgrades now. Check it out. Are you still using it?

Hey the Rock, thank you very much for all your help. Your https://www.speechtotextservice.com/ was awesome. I was really satisfied using it. Turnaround speed is fast and the process to upload files is very simple. It's highly accurate and the cheapest around I guess. It was really a time-saver and I'm still using it up to now. Much appreciated all your help.

Thread Information