Audio analysis tools

synu

Hi guys,

What audio analysis tools like spektrum analyzer, balance meter, ... do you know? I am trying to get an overview of what tools are out there.
Can you recommend some good plugins?

Thanks in advance!

Spectrum analysers such as are found in the Right Mark free app' are very useful for tracking down faults such as hums. Then, in manufacturing we must have specifications and measurements to maintain QC.

But as the others have said, you judge your music, mixes etc with the Mk 1 Lug. Which is why I don't do any!

This is NOT to say you should not calibrate your monitor chain.

Dave.

Ain't no doubt -- Proper calibration -- of everything -- the input chain, the monitoring chain, the room itself...

If you're looking for meters to tell you if something sounds good, you're chasing your own tail.

That said, you didn't state that as your intention. THAT said, that's usually the intention of people who ask about them...

Oh, rats! I wanted to get a good 'balance meter' too! Just put it on the master track, and instantly know everything is balanced! :listeningmusic:

Thank you guys - and @miroslav: you're totally right, training your earing is very important. Just wanted to get some tips/informations whether there are some good plugins to improve my mixes.

Thank you guys - and @miroslav: you're totally right, training your earing is very important. Just wanted to get some tips/informations whether there are some good plugins to improve my mixes.

That's just it man. Your ears are what will tell you what sounds good.

Most modern DAW's already have spectrum anal-yzers built into them.

I would look into updating your DAW if it doesn't have something like that in it already...

That being said, it is more about what you are recording and how it sounds.

If you have issue that makes you ask questions about 'balance' and 'analyzer' software, then I feel you already messed up at the first step.

Welcome to the forum buddy! :)

The problem with the NBT2020 is the knobs are not labeled and when you try to make it give you the "Next Big Thing" it's hard to tell which is the "Sucks" and which is the "Awesome" knob.
I usually get the wrong one. :laughings:

Not making fun of the OP, just having a little myself.

The problem with the NBT2020 is the knobs are not labeled and when you try to make it give you the "Next Big Thing" it's hard to tell which is the "Sucks" and which is the "Awesome" knob.
I usually get the wrong one. :laughings:

Not making fun of the OP, just having a little myself.

You big 'knob'! lol!

:)

Look at ^^^^ this post...Grim has been reincarnated! :) Miss me some Grim Traveler around here. synu, I know you probably have no idea what this means, but could you kind of novelize in between the quotes? ;)

Back