Another stupid equipment question

Playsax

OK, be patient with me, I'm old and not tech savey. I have several things I need to record with according to the posts I've been reading. I have, mics, cables, monitors, head phones, a PC and ,now here's the kicker for me, a Lexicon Omega 4 channel USB interface that is, I understand, out of production. Also a Lexicon desktop recording studio, and Pro Tracks multi-track recording studio software that came with the Omega. I'm having a problem getting the Omega installed in my PC. Question is: if I can get it installed can I use it with the former listed items or the Audacity I also have in my PC? Or would I be better off just getting a 2 channel interface that is current and has tech support?
My main objective is to just record either a vocal or a saxophone with a backing track or karaoke CD. See there, I told you I am not tech savey. I just need a little push in the right direction. Your help is greatly appreciated.

The driver doesn't install on Windows 8 / Windows 10. How can I get it to work?

"Currently by default Microsoft has an option that can prevent some of Lexicon's drivers from installing properly. This option can be turned off through Windows Advanced Boot options menu. Lexicon recommends to follow THIS guide using the procedure in option two. For any reason you still have issues feel free to let us know at: Support@Lexiconpro.com"

That ^ is from and older site. If you have Windows 7 you might need to look up that procedure. It is quite 'tekky'.

If you are W10 they SAY the 2.7 drivers can work and again give a procedure. If you are not up to changing parameters in the boot up sequence or are otherwise of low PC skills I would ditch the Omega and get a more modern AI .

I shall be as boring as ever and say the Native Instruments KA6 does pretty much all that Omega does but is beer into water to install . Comes with Cubase to boot. If you just want a fairly basic AI the Steinberg UR22 floats my boat..PAINS me greatly to say it but the Behringer UMC range seem pretty good.

Dave.

I'm thinking it's not worth the problems to try to install the old Lexicon. Been looking at a simple Focusrite Scarlett Solo. I don't need a complicated or elaborate system. Thanks for the input.

I'm thinking it's not worth the problems to try to install the old Lexicon. Been looking at a simple Focusrite Scarlett Solo. I don't need a complicated or elaborate system. Thanks for the input.

Aww! Don't go for a one lunged bottom feeder! One day, trust me you will want to use TWO mics.

Dave.

Back