Amplitube

Editor

Does anyone out there use Amplitube? I'm still new to electronic recording and don't have an amp or a decent guitar (just a Strat copy that I worked on for a while) so I am relying on things like Amplitube to create my tone for me. The presets that came with it are very good but I haven't found one that I like yet.

It does indeed perform like an amp/stomp boxes, etc. -- including adding all the hum & noise I used to get in the old days ;-) I would like to eliminate that if possible.

I have always wanted a lot of sustain (a la Steve Vai) and these days my hands are getting weaker so I really need something that requires a light fret touch if you know what I mean?

There are the stock Hiwatt & Marshall stack settings but as I mentioned, they create way too much noise.

Any sugestions or presets you people can share with me?

Thanks

Chris

After playing with Amplitube for a three months I didn't find it very useful in solo parts.
Increasing the gain always required applying high noise gate setting and from there you know what to expect.

I created one shredd preset in Cubase with inserts L2, Steinberg Double delay, Ultrafunk compressor with touch of Waves Enigma beacause I find it helpfull in clearing the signal and adding some smoothness.
It sounds much better than original presets but still it's not something I would use in a mix.
Perhaps on some rhythm parts but not for something expressive as Vai style soloing.
As a matter of fact I prefer practicing unplugged than breaking my fingers with Amplitube cause I started to press too hard against fretboard.

Uno said:
Increasing the gain always required applying high noise gate setting and from there you know what to expect.
Yeah, that's what I'm finding too. By the time I get something close to a decent, smooth tone after adding all the plugins and taming the bugger with noise gates, I've forgotten what I wanted to play :)
As a matter of fact I prefer practicing unplugged than breaking my fingers with Amplitube cause I started to press too hard against fretboard.
That's exactly what I'm going through! After 52 takes the other night, I ended up with a blood blister on my 3rd finger that just won't heal!

Thanks anyway Uno :)

Back