Amp problems

thanhmy

I have a fender m-80 lo-250729 amp. went to play and none of the knobs change the sound, volume or input. Overdrive channel or reg. What happened and how do I fix it

I have a fender m-80 lo-250729 amp. went to play and none of the knobs change the sound, volume or input. Overdrive channel or reg. What happened and how do I fix it

A quick look on YT shows me it is a solid state amp but I cannot see if it is a 'modeller'? That is, if it has a processor in it.

I have two suggestions: check the user manual for a "Factory Reset" procedure. Usually takes the form of 'Hold this and this then power up the amp'. Or, there might be a reset push switch behind a tiny 1mm hole such as you often get on Modems.

If neither of those does the bizz, off to the tech' I am afraid!

Dave.

it's not a modeler.

This'll sound like a silly question but you have to eliminate every possibility.
Is there any chance you plugged into the 'power amp input' on the right side of the panel?

Please clarify this.....
'none of the knobs change the sound, volume or input. Overdrive channel or reg.'

- Do you have sound, but are unable to change it?
- Is there no sound coming from the amplifier?

As Lt. Bob had noted and I have verified from the M80 schematic the 'power amp input' jack goes straight to the amplifiers output stage and there is no ability to control the sound as you have described.

Back