a amateur needs some feedback

Omnicide

Hi

I making music for a few years now, and i hope i can finish a track in the future, just for fun.
I need a feedback from other people, what i can do better in my mix, i do a lot of experiments and i am just a amateur, but i really enjoy making music and i learn a lot.

Maybe you guys can give me a few tipps on the way, what i can do better etc. I have uploadet a Loop i make today, so you can hear what kind of stuff i make.

And sorry for my bad english, it must be more annoying than jar jar binks :)

soundcloud.com/dini-mueter-900458962/new-mech-2

Greetings.

Greetings, earthling :D

There you go..
New Mech,.,.- by Dini Mueter | Free Listening on SoundCloud

I like the sound. I heard what sounded like a couple of vocal parts but couldn't distinguish them. If you're using them as an effect they're ok, but if they're used as a vocal to sing lyrics they're buried under the music and are unintelligible - as English, anyway. Perhaps they're in German..?

Last edited:
Thank you for the answer :cool:

The vocals are from a game called : Mech Warrior 4, its english, i accidentially dont remove them for the mixdown, the plan is to reproduce this with a synth, and put them over that synth with a vocoder, something like that ....
Its hard for me to make the mix louder, i am almost at 0 db on the main bus and have the l2 on it, but i still dont get the loudness of a professional produced track, maybe i need more multiband compression on each track ....

Mech Warrior, I played the first two, they were pretty cool games.

I felt like the song had a cool sound going, but now comes the hard part, where do you go from here.

Not a bad start but something needs to happen.

Thank you for the answer :cool:

Its hard for me to make the mix louder, i am almost at 0 db on the main bus and have the l2 on it, but i still dont get the loudness of a professional produced track, maybe i need more multiband compression on each track ....

The overall loudness seems just fine on my end. I'm sure someone here could help you squeeze a bit more out of it.

Very impressive work for someone with not a lot of experience. For tips, I would work on understanding compression, as I feel this track needs some. The mix sounds great though, so just keep working and expanding your knowledge.

Thanks for the nice words, nice to hear that the loudness is ok, so i can focus on the mix, maybe its a problem for the future.

AT: DM60 yea its kinda hard to find out, what i need now, i think im gonna make a intro and do some more variations with the sounds i have, its a lot of FM, so i can be a bit more creative with it...

AT :Battlegun you are right, i have a multiband compression on the reese, but i think i need more compression on it, sometimes i hear stuff a few times and i loose a bit objectivity. i am also still a bit shy with this effect, even when i understand what i do, its still hard to find out the best settings, its the first time i use multiband compression in a track.

Back