Is this all I need to record and edit music....

813records

I was just wondering if I spent the $3000 to get this Digital mixer will it do just about everything I want to make pro quality music or at least good quality sounding? , I have groveboxes and keyboards I can hook up to that I guess via MIDI

Attachments

• vs-2480cd_vl.gif
    vs-2480cd_vl.gif
    53.2 KB · Views: 89
What kind of music are you trying to create?

How many instruments/devices are you trying to connect?

What equipment do you own already?

What is your budget?

What level of production are you trying to achieve?

If you give us somemore info, it make it a little easier for us to answer your question/s. ;)

Ok, Im trying to create Hip hop & R&B type music mostly beats but I also want to do some vocal stuff to,

Im trying to connect what ever I need to connect I dont know what eles I need to connect to a digital mixer,

I already own a korg keyboard and I have a Roland MC - 909 sampler its like an grovebox and I just bought cooledit pro 2.0.

My budget is about $10,000

The production level im trying to get is on a professional level, I've already made lots of beats that I have saved on my memory card thats in the MC - 909, so Im looking to start recording my beats on to CDs and also add some lyrics my friends wrote and record everything into a song, Plz tell me all you can, thanks alot

Im no pro- but if you just bought Cool Edit Pro 2- you must have a computer?- If you have a computer thats capable your money may be better spent on an awesome sound card than a stand alone DAW. Dont forget Mics - get a real nice one (or two) if the only accoustic thing youll be recording is vocals (as opposed to alot of kinda good mics) Also- i think most people here can atest to spending a small fortune on cables just to connect the thousands of dollars of equipment they bought to each other.- check out the Cool Edit forum - theres some pretty knowladgable people in there (as is every other board around here)

Back