Alesis io|2 USB or iO2 Express?

dexl

Please excuse my ignorance, I am completely new to audio interfaces. I would like to buy either Alesis io|2 or iO2 Express, but I'm confused about the difference between them and would like to ask which one you'd recommend for recording vocals (mainly).

I've already done some research online and it seems the io|2 has an advantage over the Express in that it has Ultra low–latency ASIO 2.0 drivers and digital I/O, but it is an older model as far as I understand. The Express version doesn't have these features, but it is a newer product, right? Does that mean it is better? I've read it may have some latency issues, but other than that I don't know what the difference is.

I am mainly interested sound quality of mic recordings and would like to keep latency to the minimum. I do have an ASIO sound card (Augidy) so I'm not sure if I need the ASIO drivers of io|2. Please advise. THANK YOU.

Last edited:
I'm inclined to go with the older version, io|2 rather than Express, but this is just a blind guess... Come on folks, share your knowledge. :)

Back