After an X32, looking again for a studio analog mixer

What are you confused about, perhaps we can help? Do you mean you have one and don't know how to use it or you want to buy one?

If you are new to mixers it may be quicker than if you are an old analogue users. In essence - they work very logically. You need to get your head around the concept of routing. With the latest firmware, virtually any input can be routed to any output, in whatever order you want, and the select buttons are the key - you press one button then everything - sends, fx, returns and eq then relates to that channel. When you are done - you move to the next. Most features can be accessed multiple ways. You can turn a real knob, use the screen or use a phone or tablet to do the same things. When you get something good, you save the settings.

Feel free to ask specifics - I'm sold on them, and have multiples in stock.

I know it's an old topic - but this latest post is on the money. It's hard to find anything about X32s to moan about. They do so much, and the others mentioned do nothing by comparison. Having the same mixer for studio and live work is a HUGE advantage because you get really proficient. We have an X32, an X32 rack and a Midas M32 and I too love them.
On the money is right... I own an XR18 and basically enjoy almost all the same features as the x32 sans 16 more tracks. I haven't even scratched the surface but Trubador25's post is inspirational to keep trudging through the learning curve...I mean at 67 the CRS (can't remember shit) is painful but it is also good to challenge ourselves and keeps the mind sharper than not exercising it... I am a songwriter and musician and really don't want to waste a bunch of time learning to be a recording engineer. That said I'm not in a financial position to afford paying for studio time and a REAL engineer so sucking it up and learning how to get the basics..and using the tools such as scenes is surely worth the time invested. All that said coming from analog days IF you just really want to have a old style analog type mixer that IS a 24 channel digital interface The Tascam Model 24 was introduced in 2019 is pretty awesome for $1000

Gets a lot of good reviews....

Back