Adding reverb no post production

JACKC

I record my vocal through a Rode K2 and guitar through a Rode NTK. I record to a Sound Device 702. I would like to add reverb to the vocal. I purchased a Lexicon MX300 but due to my ignorance found out that it has no mic input. I would appreciate a recommendation short of adding the reverb post production. I really do not want to buy a computer and software. Recommendations please. Thank You

Generally, you're not going to find a reverb unit with a microphone-level input. There are a few exceptions though, although I've never heard one that sounded decent. That said, I've heard them in live use, usually with vocalists that had no idea how bad they were butchering their own signal.

At the moment -- You can run the line out of the 702 to the reverb, but you're still going to need to record it back *to* something...

If you really need to record with effects, you'll probably be well served by grabbing some sort of small mixer with at least one auxiliary send (and a corresponding stereo return) for the verb. Send *that* output to the 702.

Last edited:
...I would appreciate a recommendation short of adding the reverb post production. I really do not want to buy a computer and software. You
What do you intend to do with the audio then- being you'd presumably have a file with vocal and guitar hard panned on the two tracks?

Massive Master and mixsit thank you for your guidance. Not as easy as I supposed to add the reverb. I am a hobbiest who writes and sings songs. I share the songs between a couple of friends. My hope was to make my voice a bit more palitable with some reverb. Perhaps I need to pay greater attention to mic placement and room acoustics. I had toyed with the idea of an AEA R84A but I am not certain that would help matters any, and by the time I bought it, I could get a cheap MAC and Logic Pro or some other software. Thank You

Back