Acoustica Mixcraft vs Reaper

So far in my noobish audio production I have been using Acoustica Mixcraft 5 and I have been relay impressed with it and relay like it. I just found out that my mixer came with a trial version of reaper and I just installed it. its pretty much on the same level as mixcraft and im going to have to pay a hefty sum when I upgrade to six so which do you guys like better
Reaper or Mixcraft

There's going to be a bunch of people who post saying get reaper. I haven't used either as i haven't begun my recording yet so I cant say much. However if mixcraft is working for you i would just keep using that, I assume there are more features on Reaper some of which you may find useful if not now maybe in the future, then again I'm not sure. I would continue to use Mixcraft and then upgrade to Reaper later if need be, just wait and see what some other say about either.

To the best of my knowledge there's no such thing as a "trial version" of Reaper.

Some software manufacturers make "trial versions" which have limited functionality - number of tracks, number of plug ins etc etc.

The full uncapped version of Reaper is available on a "trial basis" for 30 days and then they nag you to buy it, which, if you're going to continue using it, you should. It costs $60. There's no upgrading involved.

Choice of DAW comes down to how you like working, and often that comes from what you learnt on.

^^ What Armistice says.

I switched to Reaper from Logic, and I haven't looked back. I find it to be versatile, powerful and easy to use. What's more, it's cheap!!

Doesn't matter what we or anyone else likes.
It's whatever works for YOU.

Try the demo (which yes is unlimited) and decide for yourself.

I went to Reaper a couple of years ago and never looked back.
But it's all what works for YOU.

Whatever you feel comfortable with. IMO, Reaper hands down :thumbs up:

Only problem for beginners is the learning curve! :RTFM:

I have no idea about how Reaper works, but I do have a licensed version of Mixcraft 6, and I love this DAW, which is extremely user friendly, and easier to use than Cakewalk Sonar in my opinion. However, like some have suggested here, the best DAW is the one that you are most comfortable with. Good luck.

Back