About Click Tracks

JimJones

Hey guys, I've heard several times that one can programme clicktracks for changes in tempo, time signature, etc. - could anyone please explain me how to do this?

I only know how set up a click track with a fixed tempo :(

Thanks in advance

Ok, right now I have nothing installed, because I just got my computer a few days ago. I am planning to install Cubase LE, which will come free with the Presonus Firestudio Project I'm buying. Can I program changing click tracks in Cubase? Or should I get another DAW?

I thought maybe it could be done with a specialized program, but seeing that I need to have a DAW installed, I'll repost when I install it.

Thanks anyway, and sorry to bother you guys.

I'm sure there are better, more savvy ways of doin it but...
The way I've done it is a bit of a pain but I recorded the main click on 1 track, recorded the tempo click to another then comped em to a third track synced up the way I wanted it and erased the first two.
Like I say, pain in the ass but not that difficult.

Ok, right now I have nothing installed, because I just got my computer a few days ago. I am planning to install Cubase LE, which will come free with the Presonus Firestudio Project I'm buying. Can I program changing click tracks in Cubase? Or should I get another DAW?

I thought maybe it could be done with a specialized program, but seeing that I need to have a DAW installed, I'll repost when I install it.

Thanks anyway, and sorry to bother you guys.

Most software it's as easy as a right click and insert tempo change. Check out reaper for recording software. It's cheap and flexible. A lot of people (including me) around here swear by it.

Most software it's as easy as a right click and insert tempo change. Check out reaper for recording software. It's cheap and flexible. A lot of people (including me) around here swear by it.

Awesome, I'll definitely check out Reaper :)

Thanks very much

Yer kiddin me. :eek:

Dayum...maybe it's time for me to really start lookin at goin computer route. Way easier than what I've been doin.
:o

:D

I know my basic Cakewalk stuff does it, too, so I imagine that more feature-laden DAWs will allow you to drag and highlight to insert a gradual tempo change. You just set the beginning and ending tempo and the computer will gradually slow it down or speed it up.

Back