Ableton Audacity or cubase ?

elsiebear

I am just setting up a home studio on my laptop .The audio interface I brought came with Ableton lite 8.I am really trying with it but its proving really difficult . Can you advise me if there is an easy program ..all I want is to record and add effects to vocals over a cd backing track ,so I don't want all those extra scary bits. This is my 1st post ,I really like this site I'm sure it will become abit of a lifeline of info. Thanks for any help.:)

Ableton will be just fine for you. Many beginners find Cubase confusing. And Audacity's effects aren't the greatest.

I think it depends on the individual person. Try demos of 'paid' products and see how it feels for you. Cubase was quite easy for me, but Reaper confused me when I first tried it. Completely the opposite for others. Obviously, a program that is more complicated, will have more/better flexibility. It is just how your particular brain works. :)

I think it depends on the individual person. Try demos of 'paid' products and see how it feels for you. Cubase was quite easy for me, but Reaper confused me when I first tried it. Completely the opposite for others. Obviously, a program that is more complicated, will have more/better flexibility. It is just how your particular brain works. :)

^^^This is true^^^

I spoke mostly on opinion elsie. But I really have read many that found Cubase to be confusing. Never read the same for the other two.

Audacity is my favourite open source software ever, but as a DAW it might leave you stuck in a rut. I mean, it's good enough for recording, but not so much when you're mixing; that stuff's just easier and better with Ableton. I use Reaper, and I keep Audacity around still, but more for editing.

Back