32-bit Compatible DAWs

Ren77

I'm new to recording audio and I need some assistance. I'm only looking to record guitar, and I have a Scarlett Solo preamp. I just need a 32bit DAW that will let me do basic editing and let me add some effects. Some help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm new to recording audio and I need some assistance. I'm only looking to record guitar, and I have a Scarlett Solo preamp. I just need a 32bit DAW that will let me do basic editing and let me add some effects. Some help would be greatly appreciated!

Reaper would be an great choice. You can try it free for 60 days with full features. For $60.00, it blows most other DAWs away for the money. Like mentioned above, most DAWs will work on 32 or 64bit. The only draw back to 32 bit is that no matter how much ram you have, it will never exceed 2 gigs for processing.

Adobe Audition has been 32 bit floating point since before it was called Adobe Audition.

I really like Audition for what I do but if you need MIDI then I agree Reaper is a good one to try out.

Adobe Audition has been 32 bit floating point since before it was called Adobe Audition.

I really like Audition for what I do but if you need MIDI then I agree Reaper is a good one to try out.

I tremble to question my youngers and betters Bobbs but, I thought the OP was talking about a 32 bit DAW for a 32 bit PC and OS?

'32 bit float' is the way a DAW handles the arithmetic?

Reaching for coat....

Dave.

Most DAWs come in either a 32- or 64-bit version; when you are downloading it, you pick which version to download and install. You can run a 32-bit DAW on a 64-bit system if you want, but you can't run a 64-bit DAW on a 32-bit system.

I see what you mean Dave, I took it as meaning he wanted a DAW that handled 32 bit FP audio.

If the OP wants to run on a 32 bit operating system, then Audition is out of the running--it's been 64 bit only for a number of years--though if he could find an old copy of Audition 3 that would do exactly what he wants.

Bob

I see what you mean Dave, I took it as meaning he wanted a DAW that handled 32 bit FP audio.

If the OP wants to run on a 32 bit operating system, then Audition is out of the running--it's been 64 bit only for a number of years--though if he could find an old copy of Audition 3 that would do exactly what he wants.

Bob

Right. I have 1.5 (long story)

Dave.

I would recommend either Harrison Mixbus or Reaper.

If you have minimal needs from a DAW, you might try the free version of PreSonus Studio One-- Studio One Prime. I'm not saying it's your best option, but it's free, so it doesn't cost anything to try it.

Windows or Mac?

Back