3 wireless mics share 1 compression channel, okay or bad?

aznwonderboy

I have 3 wireless mics that share the same base unit. Will the sound quality still be good if I connect the base (which only has 1 out) to 1 channel on the compressor? Consequently, I get compression on 3 microphones from 1 channel of compression.

Will this work well?

Yo Robin of Wonderboy:

How does the results sound to your ear? Good? Then, it works.

One of the fun things, I find, about recording, is all of the "What ifs...." that pop into one's mind.

So, if you are pleased with the results, then, "it works." If others say, "Man, that's pretty cool...," then, it works.

Green Hornet :D :cool: :)

Well, I don't have a compressor yet. I am asking this to see if it works so that I can purchase a compressor. If it doesn't work well, then it's not worth it.

Thanks.

Yo Wonderboy:

Maybe I misread your question. A compressor will be an asset to recording. The RNC is reasonable and good; and it has two ins/outs.

You can always double patch on in/out with a double 1/4 plug--very available via vendors or RS.

Got to search or a site that will let you hear what compression does. It kind of squeezes sound into a louder realm but lets you keep it from clipping.

Have fun.

Green Hornet :D :D :) :cool:

Back