22 Free PDF - Tutorials in A4 and US Letter Format

Hey there everyone,

I've decided to share with you a .zip package that contains 22 PDFs of mine :)

About the PDFs:

* They're 100% Free.
* They are print-friendly.
* I've converted them to both A4 and US Letter format.
* Contain images to help you step by step.
* Easy on the eyes - I've tried to choose the best font size and colors.
* 22 files in .pdf format meaning that you can read them everywhere (tablets, pc, mac, smartphones)

Download Here
Preview ZIP here - Google Drive

I hope you like them!
Cheers!

Last edited:
Yeah - zip files are kinda iffy even though I have seen you here before and you probably mean no harm.
Can you upload pdf's to this site or link to your web page with pdf links.

Yeah - zip files are kinda iffy even though I have seen you here before and you probably mean no harm.
Can you upload pdf's to this site or link to your web page with pdf links.

Yep . . . a much better way of doing it. And separate them out so you don't have to download a whole mess of them

Hello there guys, of course I am not here to infect your computers, I don't know how even if I wanted to hehe.

Here's a link that you can actually preview the .zip and see what there's in it before downloading :)

Also I've uploaded it on Google Drive which as far as I know doesn't allow viruses, there isn't a place safer than google to upload stuff.

You can preview the .zip file here:

Preview ZIP here - Google Drive

I hate to repeat myself but I don't know what is this insane and ilogical freakness about ZIP files. Unless there is a inter-galactical-super-inteligent-new virus that came to life last night when I was sleeping I am not aware of NO ONE way that opening a zip file can infect someone computer. Any article, blog, site, etc, that says the contrary is just stuffing an irrational fear on people.

I am used to download tons of zip files from unknown sources and seriously I never (ever) got infect by no one of them. The same applies for other compacted formats such as rar, 7z, etc. Totally safe.

What happens is that some bad intention people may put an EXE file with a virus within a zip file. So the silly user go there, open the zip file and THEN double click the infected EXE file. OK, you opened the pandora box. But it wasn't the ZIP file that infected your computer, but the EXE file within that you double clicked.

You can open safely ANY zip (or any other compressed file) in your computer that absolutely nothing will happen. Now, if after to open it you see an EXE file there then it may be (or not) infected, but nothing will happen unless you DOUBLE click it. Yes, because DOUBLE clicking an EXE file you are executing it, and, therefore bringing the virus to life (if any). If you even SINGLE click it never will still happen.

Finally, if you have any antivirus installed in your computer, even double clicking the possibly nasty file your AV will warn you about the risks, and most possibly will detect and put the virus (if any) in quarentine.

About the OP zip file with the PDF what I would say is:

1) You can download any zip you want from anywhere (it won't harm your computer)
2) You can double click the zip file (it won't harm your computer)
3) See what's inside the zip. Some EXE file? Don't double click it. PDF files? Go ahead and enjoy, you're safe.

About me:

a) System Analyst and programmer for almost 30 years
b) Worked for years as a PC technician fixing computers and cleaning systems from viruses and plagues
c) I download myself all sort of shit to my computer and I never (ever) had an infection by something that wasn't an EXE file. Period.

PS: Don't be freak. Be smart. Keep your computer protected by an AV and a Firewall. Don't double click suspicious EXE files.

;)

By the way, I just downloaded the OP file and opened it. Nothing but cool stuff inside in 44 PDF files and an extra txt file.

PS: I didn't previewed it before with the Google Drive.

:D

I hate to repeat myself but I don't know what is this insane and ilogical freakness about ZIP files. Unless there is a inter-galactical-super-inteligent-new virus that came to life last night when I was sleeping I am not aware of NO ONE way that opening a zip file can infect someone computer. Any article, blog, site, etc, that says the contrary is just stuffing an irrational fear on people.

I am used to download tons of zip files from unknown sources and seriously I never (ever) got infect by no one of them. The same applies for other compacted formats such as rar, 7z, etc. Totally safe.

What happens is that some bad intention people may put an EXE file with a virus within a zip file. So the silly user go there, open the zip file and THEN double click the infected EXE file. OK, you opened the pandora box. But it wasn't the ZIP file that infected your computer, but the EXE file within that you double clicked.

You can open safely ANY zip (or any other compressed file) in your computer that absolutely nothing will happen. Now, if after to open it you see an EXE file there then it may be (or not) infected, but nothing will happen unless you DOUBLE click it. Yes, because DOUBLE clicking an EXE file you are executing it, and, therefore bringing the virus to life (if any). If you even SINGLE click it never will still happen.

Finally, if you have any antivirus installed in your computer, even double clicking the possibly nasty file your AV will warn you about the risks, and most possibly will detect and put the virus (if any) in quarentine.

1) You can download any zip you want from anywhere (it won't harm your computer)
3) See what's inside the zip. Some EXE file? Don't double click it. PDF files? Go ahead and enjoy, you're safe.

About me:

b) Worked for years as a PC technician fixing computers and cleaning systems from viruses and plagues
c) I download myself all sort of shit to my computer and I never (ever) had an infection by something that wasn't an EXE file. Period.

PS: Don't be freak. Be smart. Keep your computer protected by an AV and a Firewall. Don't double click suspicious EXE files.

;)

By the way, I just downloaded the OP file and opened it. Nothing but cool stuff inside in 44 PDF files and an extra txt file.

PS: I didn't previewed it before with the Google Drive.

:D

Omg thank you for the support dear friend!

Could not have it said better!
I agree with you with everything, I have never gotten a single virus for 9 years and still I use no AV at all.

I do use an antispyware though, cause I think that the best way to remove a virus is to NOT get it at all from the beginning.

It's either "don't get a virus or format it" for me.

Thanks also for your good words about the pdfs :)

Omg thank you for the support dear friend!

Could not have it said better!
I agree with you with everything, I have never gotten a single virus for 9 years and still I use no AV at all.

I do use an antispyware though, cause I think that the best way to remove a virus is to NOT get it at all from the beginning.

It's either "don't get a virus or format it" for me.

Thanks also for your good words about the pdfs :)

You welcome. I just hate to see how people are freaking out nowadays about files just because there is a bunch of bitches writing unresponsible articles to terrify computer users. Actually most of people thinks that a computer virus is like a real virus and that it has self-life and do things by itself. A computer virus is a program. Just like your text editor, your spreadsheet and your DAW. And as any computer program it won't make anything unless you run it. And how do you run a computer program? By double clicking the EXE file. A computer program within a ZIP file cannot run itself just because you downloaded the ZIP or opened it.

I remember that in the past some applications such as WinRar and WinZip had an option that could convert your ZIP file into an EXE file. I don't know if they still has such option. The reason was to make the files self-extractable because if you didn't have the WinRar or WinZip application you wouldn't be able to extract the contents. But it was several years ago. Then there were some guys that put EXE files telling that they were self-extractable zipped files. I think that it was what caused to create this belief that ZIP files may be nasty. LoL!

Nonetheless I still think that have AV is a very good practice. I absolutely do NOT recommend no one avoid it.

One more thing about plagues... people are sooooo freak about virus but the truth is that nowadays virus are the lesser nasty stuff out there. If you are a careful computer user -- and by 'careful' I mean not double click EXE files that you don't trust -- you rarely will be infected by a virus. The real danger comes from hackers and robots that exploits your operating system weakness while you are navigating in the web. Once you get connected you may have someone attacking and trying to invade your computer either to transform it on a zumbi machine to integrate a big attack or to look inside your stuff and steal your passwords, banking and credit card credentials etc. The same happens with stuff we download online and install without care just to get unauthorized applications installed together that keep sucking your information and doing only God knows what without you have a clue about this.

Just navigating around sites, you may get 'infected' by stuff that aren't properly virus but that potentially can be very harmful. Normaly the virus have the objective to infect and destroy your computer contents or annoy you by preventing you of perform certain tasks, righ? OK, virus are very obvious so mostly of time when you get infected by one you practically can notice it imediately. What about a silent thing that passes through your defenses, installs secretely in your computer and keeps there transmiting your personal data to someone else in the other side of the world? Yeah, it happens all the time and it is done normally by Javascript, PHP and ASP pages. And you don't know that it is happening! Scary, uh?

Anyway, for all that are freaks about virus I would advice to calm down and take a look about such real security issues. Do you have a firewall installed in your computer? No? Well, I bet that it maybe be being a nice playground for hackers then. Did you ran lately an anti-spyware scan on your computer? What? You don't even know what is that? Man... if you use your computer to access your bank and shop online you may have been phished already.

OK, here it goes my checklist to be safe:

1. Don't be silly. Don't fear files. Instead assume your responsability and learn what you are doing.
  2. Install a free AV (Avira, Avast, etc, are OK) -- yeah, you don't need the paid stuff
  3. Install the free version of a firewall to protect you against hackers -- ZoneAlarm is awesome. Again, you don't need the paid stuff.
  4. Download and install Spybot Search&Destroy on your computer. It is free. Make a full scan. I don't want to scare you but you but get prepared to the long list of scam and phishing stuff that it will find on your computer. Such things comes to your computer through your daily navigation. Instead you can look for any other anti-spyware program, but as far as I know Spybot Search&Destroy is the better out there.
  5. Don't believe in 'trusted' sources and 'untrusted' sources. I already catched virus in disks and pendrives from friends that could swear they were clean, and I already downloaded tons of online stuff that were completly fine.
  6. Learn this for life: virus are programs. Programs are EXE files. Don't double click EXE files unless you have an AV installed.
  7. Never click links on email messages that you don't know what is this.
  8. Run your anti-spyware regularly to check your system, say once each 15 days.
  9. Keep your AV and firewall up to date. Mostly of them update themselves automatically or will warn you when you need to take an action for update.
  10. Free versions of Antivirus and Firewall will try to scare you after a while telling some kind of BS that the paid version will protect you better. Just ignore such reminders. You will be fine with the free stuff.

:)

Doing this you should be fine. That's what I have been doing my whole life as a computer user.

I personally am not interested in whether the files are 'safe' or otherwise.

I am just not interested in downloading something where I can't see what I've got until I've downloaded and unzipped it.

About me:

;)

You have obviously never heard of self-executing files. Hidden files (that can be MALWARE - LOOK IT UP!) are prevalent in downloaded zip files. Don't believe it? Go to download.com (part of CNET) and start downloading and unzipping/installing - HIDDEN in some of those files are MALWARE. I know, because I've got them from that site.

Yeah, and you install them by believing that the first INSTALL button you see is for the software you though you downloaded. I NEVER use C-NET for that very reason. You've got to be hyper-careful not to install new search engines, etc. that hijack your browser...

Yeah, and you install them by believing that the first INSTALL button you see is for the software you though you downloaded. I NEVER use C-NET for that very reason. You've got to be hyper-careful not to install new search engines, etc. that hijack your browser...

That's just our careless way to click Next -> Next -> Next when we have the option to NOT install a 3rd party program.

When we click "Complete" install cause we're bored to check out what "Custom" does then we're gonna have a bad time :D

You have obviously never heard of self-executing files. Hidden files (that can be MALWARE - LOOK IT UP!) are prevalent in downloaded zip files. Don't believe it? Go to download.com (part of CNET) and start downloading and unzipping/installing - HIDDEN in some of those files are MALWARE. I know, because I've got them from that site.

I thought that we were talking about the safety of ZIP files and not install packages here... totally different things. A C-NET (or whatever) package is not a ZIP file. It is an EXE file containing software. Apples and oranges.

Also, there is not 'self executing' files. It doesn't exist. Files doesn't do things by itself as if they were alive. What exists is EXECUTABLE files. And to be executed you have to allow it.

About your specific case, you were a victim just because you have acted as a regular web user that refuses to take a defensive behavior when browsing and downloading stuff. As I mentioned before, the key to be safe in the web is not to fear stuff but pay attention to what you are doing. Happens that people are always in rush and prefer just to press the 'next' button the faster they can (and believe me, the programmer that wrote the C-NET and others counts on it). Then when they notice that there are unwished stuff installed on your computer they just prefer to blame a spooky 'self-executable' file that did what they didn't want. Nah! It doesn't exist. Everything that happens in a computer is exclusively blame of the user that decided not to take responsibility for what he is doing. I see it every single day.

;)

And yes, these install packages are a pain in the ass. As Paschalis very well mentioned you have the 'custom' install option where they ask you if you want to install the 'add-ons'. If the user calm down intead to get clicking 'next-next-next...' he won't be surprised by these gems. Such installers are well known for install unwanted bars in browsers, but you can easily avoid them by taming your anxiety.

I have noticed that lately mostly of 'download centers' (yeah, I hate them too) are using that proprietary installers that try to push your throat down a couple extra things together. Here it goes another tip: mostly of software companies that puts their products in C-NET and other crap places offers also a 'direct download' that you can find in their own website. I always prefer download from there. If you don't have an alternative, though, just be careful with the 'next' button.

As I mentioned before the key to be safe is not run away from file types, sites, etc, but try to become a better user. The big truth is that things aren't going to get better. Instead we will be more and more hitted by these attempts of invade our computers (and privacy) and if we think that the only way out is to run away is better to get prepared to stop using online services and Internet. As an IT pro and an old internet rat I am sure that more and more the user will have to LEARN about things, specially the one that intend to keep making a power use of the web.

On a final word, mates, stay cool and do whatever you want. For me it doesn't make any difference at all because I am a web power user and I know where to step even in the more dangerous places without get harmed.

I am just trying to share my knowledge by showing how to stay safe and why not to have silly fears of stuff such as a ZIP file. My intention is to help you to have a better web experience and not to annoy you.

Anyway, each one is the captain of his own head! Let's carry on!

:thumbs up:

Last edited:
I didn't just fall off a turnip truck. My computer background started back when computers took up whole floors of buildings and you had to punch cards to give the program instructions. I've had course work and done programming in IBM Assembler, Fortran, Pascal, Basic, DOS, etc. I don't just click 'next-next-next' and HAVE had malware install itself when the software I was looking for installed.

I didn't just fall off a turnip truck. My computer background started back when computers took up whole floors of buildings and you had to punch cards to give the program instructions. I've had course work and done programming in IBM Assembler, Fortran, Pascal, Basic, DOS, etc. I don't just click 'next-next-next' and HAVE had malware install itself when the software I was looking for installed.
Hey MJB, please don't get me wrong as I didn't want to be offensive in any manner. I never meant that you were stupid or something like that. Even with my 30+ years of computing (almost 30 as a pro) I have commited some kind of imprudence as it is part of the human nature. I have been victim of the next-next-next thing myself so I think that it is natural that others do. I was just saying that we have to become more and more careful these days because the thing is going to get worse.

Anyway, the main point of my previous post (and that I should insist on it) is that CNET and similar installers has absolutelly nothing to do with ZIP files, that is, ZIP files are still 100% safe.

:thumbs up:

There are self-extracting comp/decomp archives (.zip, .ark, .7z, .sfArk all have the option), but they are usually in .exe format and you have to run them, true. But just assuming that what's in an archive is safe is also prone to be problematic. So much of our time gets wasted by reading the fine print on every install, scanning every download, etc.

It would be great if we could come up with some system of policing viruses, starting at distribution and working up. Make small fines for distributing malware/viruses that are waived if you can identify where YOU got it. Second level gets steeper fines, etc. till we find the authors and make them accountable.

As a side note, isn't it strange that all the comp/decomp algorithms have generically been popularized as "zip" files. Like Bandaid or Jello...

Back