$200 USB Interface with Line level input: Best choice??

hugocat

Hi There -

Can anyone recommend a USB interface for me? My absolute max is $200. Requirements:

1 Line-level input (am using a separate mic preamp)
24/96 capability preferred
The most reliable!!

I'm using it for voiceovers only, so I only need 1 channel, and want the best quality sound and most reliability possible: no bells and whistles required!!

Oh, and I'll be using Audacity and Reaper on a laptop or desktop PC.....

Thanks - and if there are any other existing threads, please direct me, I am looking!!:D

James

k cool

he says Line 6....its great ...but u said no bells n whistles....that thing has a lot and thats what the price point is. Presonus Audiobox ...google it. Phantom pwer is a must...

Thanks for the advice guys: The Line 6 was on my list sure enough, and I'm also considering the Presonus.....

I don't mind that it has bells and whistles, as long as I'm not paying extra for them and compromising on quality.....

Does anyone have any experience of the Lexicon Omega? Seems good value, but I hear people are having quality/reliability issues with them.....

Thanks
James:)

Oops! by the way....

Forgot to say.....guess I'm confused by these interfaces, because the descriptions state that they have mic preamp inputs, but don't say whether they have line level inputs: in other words, can I bypass the preamps in the interfaces?

Back