100 dollar Monitors?

Kjv1993

Busking a Subway Near You
I need something simple that will sound pretty close to what my mix is. Is there anything around 100 dollars that will suit me until I can afford better monitors? Thanks

I need something simple that will sound pretty close to what my mix is. Is there anything around 100 dollars that will suit me until I can afford better monitors? Thanks

At that price point, you would be better off just getting some decent headphones (Senn HD280, ATH-M50). Save your other $$ for decent monitors.

At that price point, you would be better off just getting some decent headphones (Senn HD280, ATH-M50). Save your other $$ for decent monitors.

Sounds like this plan is a winner. Which ones would be better though? Are there any 'industry standards' I should check out as well?

I would instead look for 1970's hifi speakers at a flea market. You could get something useable for $100. Headphones of any sort are an invitation for pain and frustration.

Im not going to totally agree (funny enough ;) )

If you can get a half decent set of old hi fi speakers, use them to get overall levels and stereo image of the track...use a flat set of phones for the mixes detail that the speakers may miss or cover up...I use a pair of audio technicas for tons of my mixes...just dont forget to take them off and listen to the speakers at regular intervals so you dont lose the overall picture

use reference tracks until you know how the speakers and phones sound on commercial tracks...I think that you'd get a lot more for your $100 than buying the cheapest monitors

I got the M audio monitors shown and a pair of the ATH-M40's for under 2 C notes, seem fine to get up and running, Use the cheap monitors for the basics, fine tune with the phones.

If it were me, I'd be whoring myself on the street somewhere to get some more money to buy decent monitors first up... :D

$100? Go for a week without beer / drugs / food...

You'll thank me in the end.:laughings:

If it were me, I'd be whoring myself on the street somewhere to get some more money to buy decent monitors first up... :D

$100? Go for a week without beer / drugs / food...

You'll thank me in the end.:laughings:

lol maybe that would apply if I wasnt 17 making minimum wadge :drunk:

lol maybe that would apply if I wasnt 17 making minimum wadge :drunk:

isn't it so helpful that you're being told to save up when you said in your very first post that this was just 'till you can save up for something better?
:rolleyes:

Just get some nice cans. If you only want to use them for mixing get some Audio Technica ADH700's for about $80.
If you want to use them while tracking then you need closed phones so get the Sennheiser HD280's.
Neither of them will be a waste of money as you will always need a good set of headphones.

I second (or third) the recommendation for the Sennheiser HD280 Pros. Great set of headphones.. I used them up 'til my friend's dog chewed them up.

Back