Video for they dont

chuckduffy

Hi,

Made this extremely boring video for my track they don't. Like just about all my tracks for the past few years this one went through the clinic. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

Chuck

I remember this one in the clinic. Sounds great - more polished than I remember it. Did you do some more work on the mix since last posting it up?

I didn't think the video was boring, but would have been cool with some kind of pay-off at the end. I dunno, like walking up to the camera when you eventually reach it, staring into it and then turning round and slowly walking back in the direction you just came from or something?

I remember this one in the clinic. Sounds great - more polished than I remember it. Did you do some more work on the mix since last posting it up?

I didn't think the video was boring, but would have been cool with some kind of pay-off at the end. I dunno, like walking up to the camera when you eventually reach it, staring into it and then turning round and slowly walking back in the direction you just came from or something?

I retracked some stuff, did a bunch of edits and worked on the overall mix. I didn't post the final because it had rolled way off page 1 and I didn't want to bump...

One huge payoff I was thinking off is if that gigantic truck had run me over lol :-) I was also thinking about having a dog follow me or something like that, but my dog always runs away. In the end I just wanted something beyond a static picture to post to Youtube as that's where the bulk of people who actually check out my stuff seem to come from, though not so much any more.

Hi,

Made this extremely boring video for my track they don't. Like just about all my tracks for the past few years this one went through the clinic. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

Chuck

I liked the song and also the video concept. Interesting

This is pretty cool, low key, lo-fi, minimalist. whatever, I think it works! It reminds me of the final scene in "The Third Man" by Carol Reed with Orson Wells from 1949, you might check it out. That scene is about bitterness and rejection and is very effective.

I didn't like the face crash in your ending though. I'm sure it seemed logical at the time but to me it trivializes all the momentum and tension you have built up to that point. I'd do it differently, but that's just me, and I do like what you have here.

This is pretty cool, low key, lo-fi, minimalist. whatever, I think it works! It reminds me of the final scene in "The Third Man" by Carol Reed with Orson Wells from 1949, you might check it out. That scene is about bitterness and rejection and is very effective.

I didn't like the face crash in your ending though. I'm sure it seemed logical at the time but to me it trivializes all the momentum and tension you have built up to that point. I'd do it differently, but that's just me, and I do like what you have here.

Hey - I love The Third Man! I don't like the face crash either. I should have just walked right on by :-) Thanks for checking it out!

Back