Video from Raine & Wageman: Mussorgsky's "The Old Castle"

gecko zzed

Grumpy Mod
If anyone has a few minutes to spare, here is a video from Raine & Wageman.

The piece is The Old Castle ("il Vecchio Castello") from Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition.

Miranda played all the violin parts, while I played bass and a variety of synths.

Oh, abrupt ending. Didn't expect that.

Wonderful capture of the song. The violin sounds awesome. She plays great and very emotional, but I really like all the little bits you threw in there.

For the video, I notice a lot of pixalation due to the chroma-keying; especially along the edges of her face. It might be due to compression from YouTube or perhaps you digitally zoomed in on her.

When she finished her parts, she kind of looks around aimlessly and I felt that took away from the emotion of the playing. She didn't close out her parts properly. Just like in music where a rest is still a note, doing nothing in a video is still performing. That's my philisophical saying for the day.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Yeah, a cut or freeze when her e eyes are directly at camera would've worked better but that's the only nit form me.

Thanks for watching and commenting.

Chromakeying pixellation is largely due to inadequate lighting, and therefore very uneven colour for chromakeying. Not much I can do about that until I get a decent lighting rig and green screen facilities.

Back