Video production

tom2u

I'm running a Restaurant in Toronto and it's 6 months since I started my business. I still haven't done any kind of marketing to my business, and now I think it's time to get some customers with marketing my business. I've seen many video productions that work well for the same sort of business and I'm planning to do the same. I've contacted a video production company in Hamilton called MJM Media and I've seen some nice works do one by them and I'm satisfied. What all things to be taken care when opting for a corporate video?

You do know this site is for home recording of music, right? We have a video section because some people want to show or learn about doing music videos for their songs. We're not really about video production companies, marketing restaurants or making commercials.

Two things.

1. The main issues that cause problems with corporate shoots is lack of prompt response from the client when the production company asks a question, and last minute changes. Also, leading into the next area - a lack of advertising plan.

2. These are rhetorical as this isn't a good forum to address them. Why was marketing not in your business plan? ...you have a business plan right? Is it the video that works well for others or the media campaign it is part of? Is your restaurant actually any good? ...and in a good location? Are you active in the local restaurant association where you can get advise?

I'd forget about the video.

I don't think you need it, I don't think it will benefit the business, and I think you can benefit by directing the funds elsewhere in the business.

It's not videos that attract customers; it's customers who attract customers.

Ask yourself some questions:

What is it about your restaurant that make it better than others in the area?
Why would people bother going to yours instead of somewhere else?

Work on ways in making your place unique, interesting and worth going to, and let your customers do the advertsing for you.

Hint: quality and value for money are good starting points.

With some imagination, one can shoot a very nice ad video for restaurant. I am sure there are ad companies in Toronto who will do it for reasonable money

What are you planning to do with the video? If it's just for your web site or Youtube page then only people who actively go looking for information on your restaurant will ever see it. Frankly, if this is your aim an attractive menu and some tasteful photos will probably sell you just as well for a lot less money.

On the other hand, buying commercial time on a local station can reach a lot of people--but in a major market like Toronto, it won't be cheap. If this is your goal, it's worth calling the sales department of a few stations to see if they're offering any package deals.

Finally, avoid have staff members acting and delivering lines. It almost never ends well!

Back