Thread: Video Editing: Simple video for synthwave track

Thanks

Video Editing: Simple video for synthwave track

Sign in to disable this ad
    Greetings.
    I edit videos for my own music, since it seems people are more keen to hear it if it has something to look at, sadly.
    I went for a retro-80s feel, since the music is "synthwave". I downloaded some stock footage from the web with a common theme for each part of the track.
    The issue I had is that sony vegas pro 13 DOESN'T HAVE any automatic audio spectrum visualizer generator! So I had to screen capture winamp's visualization and blend it over the footage.
    FInally, I threw some warp fx and tv simulator to the video output so it looks like seen on a CRT TV.
    Hope you like it.

Edit... Damn. It seems im not allowed to post links yet
    Last edited by Chili; 4 Days Ago at 14:24.

Thanks
    I have to be honest, that constant jiggle gave me a serious problem watching this. Conceptually it's probably fine for that genre, but maybe it's my old eyes/brain - just not a pleasant sensation. Probably the youngsters here will love it.
    "... I know in the mornin' that it's gonna be good
    when I stick out my elbows and they don't bump wood." - Bill Kirchen

3. The Following User Says Thank You to keith.rogers For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Kids these days and their virtual CRTs! Back in my day, video looked crappy, and we liked it that way!

I think the early parts of the video with the stars/aurora borealis and visualization all in the center, the middle is a little busy.
    When it switches to the city-scapes and traffic so there's more happening near the edges of the screen, it works better.

Pretty cool overall tho.

What does the visualizer actually represent? Is it volume vs. panning or volume vs. frequency?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to VomitHatSteve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks both of you for the replies. Hehe. Yea, I know I'm being "nostalgic" for an era that I didn't live and also for a place where im not from too, nor i've never visited!
    Quote Originally Posted by keith.rogers View Post
    I have to be honest, that constant jiggle gave me a serious problem watching this. Conceptually it's probably fine for that genre, but maybe it's my old eyes/brain - just not a pleasant sensation. Probably the youngsters here will love it.
    Yes. I've seen many videos with these kind of "fillers".
    Also, spectrum visualizers popularized in late 90s/early 2000s when computers were starting of being capable of running those algorithms in real time. So this idea is kinda outdated now. I think youngsters nowadays prefer a much more agressive editing of the audio visualizations: rapid zooming in/out and that kind of stuff that is too much for me haha.

Quote Originally Posted by VomitHatSteve View Post
    I think the early parts of the video with the stars/aurora borealis and visualization all in the center, the middle is a little busy.
    When it switches to the city-scapes and traffic so there's more happening near the edges of the screen, it works better.

What does the visualizer actually represent? Is it volume vs. panning or volume vs. frequency?
    Thanks for the kind words. About the first part, I thought that too, but i didnt have any more footage and I did want the audio visualization to be in the middle through the video for the sake of consistency.
    The audio representation is: Channels L / R on their respective sides of the screen. On the x axis is the frequency and in the y is the amplitude. The left channel is "mirrored" of what is normaly displayed (it goes from 20KHZ to 20Hz) and the R runs from 20 to 20K.

Thanks
    Well. Since I can't find where's the setting for the signature, I have to clarify directly: I'm not a native speaker, so forgive any misspelling or weird wording from my part. Cheers.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bantonioch View Post
    Well. Since I can't find where's the setting for the signature, I have to clarify directly: I'm not a native speaker, so forgive any misspelling or weird wording from my part. Cheers.
    No worries, your english is good enough. Been to Argentina before, enjoyed my time there.

Your signatre settings should be available after a certain number of posts. Not sure how many that is. Maybe 5 or 10.

Thanks
    Have to agree that the side to side jiggle is hard to take. Its very "video game"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2mintogether View Post
    Have to agree that the side to side jiggle is hard to take. Its very "video game"
    Haha. Well. I have to admit I may be influenced by that. I started digging into game design and music for games for the last 2 years.

Also, I think I was moslty influenced by these kind of video "fillers"
    youtube.com/watch?v=mfbCq5NqPVw (not allowed to post links yet)

Thread Information