Trailer for my Musical!

Seafroggys

I know this is mostly a dead sub-forum, but figured this was an appropriate place for this!

I've been meaning to make some sort of video for my musical, but didn't know quite what to do. Even though the music is all recorded, as far as vocals go I really only have one finished song (two if you don't count background harmonies) and I kind of want to save full songs for release.

Got inspired the other night to make a trailer. Never made a preview clip before, so I made up some "epic trailer text," found some images on DeviantArt (asked for permission, of course) and conjoured this. I think it came out pretty damn well and definitely gives off the vibe I'm going for.

The music sounds varied and interesting. The video serves as a vehicle for the music, and the text hints at what the musical is about. But the images are not doing it for me, because they are not intrinsic to the musical, and I am too aware that you scavenged them.

Is this what you've been doing in your spare time?? A musical? Cool. Is there acting to go with the musical, or will it be only music?

Need help with vocals? Another character. Could be interesting.

But the images are not doing it for me, because they are not intrinsic to the musical, and I am too aware that you scavenged them.

Well as this is a purely recorded piece (for now) there's really nothing visually that I have to show, aside from images that are related to it (images of the characters) as well as events (for example, there's an image of a battle during the preview of a song that's a battle song, etc.). So even though the pics weren't made FOR the musical, they're still related. Eventually for releasing some of the songs for singles, I want to commission an animator to make a video.

Is this what you've been doing in your spare time?? A musical? Cool. Is there acting to go with the musical, or will it be only music?

Need help with vocals? Another character. Could be interesting.

I did try to stage it a couple of years ago but it was a nightmare and I had a methhead for a director. Eventually fell apart after a few rehearsals. Once I get the album released we'll see what interest there will be for staging it.

I may need help with vocals actually. Good male talent is hard to come by. I have a recording session in Feburary with a few vocalists, I'll see what parts I have filled by then. If anybody on these forums are interested, I have a character list here: http://www.imaginative-studios.com/odin

Last edited:
I like it.
Images of course, should be better and coherent..otherwise just a bunch of images..without a unifying theme, too different style images
music is rough and interesting..you can imagine something Nordic..
I guess most Nordic women are blondes..not like the images

Back