Time Lapse - Building a deck

Chili

Site Moderator
I used a free download called Animator DV to capture the images and build the avi files. I used a webcam plugged into a laptop because I couldn't figure how to do time lapse with my camcorder or still camera. So, with the webcam, it's not the best image quality. Eh, it's just for fun anyways, so who cares.

The song is just a quick little diddy I wrote.

It's been over 100F all week and not the best time to build a deck. I finally got smart halfway through the week and put up some form of shade. Made a big difference.

Thanks guys. No building permit required!! I actually went to the building dept and asked if I needed one; anything under 250 sq ft is exempt. Of course, I need HOA approval which I didn't apply for. bwahahahahaaaa....

A little off topic but I just came in from finishing up some gutter work on the house and the ladder slipped!!! :eek: I almost went for the big ride!
At my age I don't bounce so good anymore.

Dan thats some crazy hot weather dude - are you putting a roof on those four posts?
Yeah, some kind of roof is going up next week. The wife and I have to decide which way to do it, but should be much easier than the deck.

Thanks for checking it out.

Yeah, some kind of roof is going up next week. The wife and I have to decide which way to do it, but should be much easier than the deck.

Thanks for checking it out.

Metal roof! It will out live you. aluminum 3'Xwhatever length ..... comes in all colors now.

I won't be doing a metal roof, not that I'm concerned about the sound, it doesn't rain here. Probably some kind of pergola style with 1x4 battens or lattice. Not sure yet. Should be pretty easy to do.... I hope.

Back