THANATOGENOUS by Pygmy Beat Augmented

rayc

retroreprobate
Here's the video for our latest track.

As usual it's just cobbled together from images and videos found via a search engine.

Thanatogenous by Pygmy Beat Augmented.wmv - YouTube

The volume is pretty loud & the flick is supposed to HD.

Created using Video Pad Video Editor as I was frustrated by WMM's instability at XP level and some otehr pro thing I bought but was even less stable than WMM.
Very little in the way of fancy edits & transitions on this one as I don't know the program well enough.
Any thoughts.

Very interesting. There are a few things I liked and didn't like, compared to your last video.
What I didn't like was that there weren't any performance clips this time. There was a small clip of a band playing but I'm not sure if that was one of you ? Not really a big deal, but it was interesting to see everyone doing their own parts in their studios in the last vid.
What I did like: there is kind of a story this time. By kind of I mean a lot of the pictures/clips are related to the next one, it keeps the viewer interested. For example, from 1:38 to 2:00, and again at 3:10 to 3:20, and one I particularly enjoyed 4:33 to 4:44.
I'm no filmmaker, not by a longshot, but I do have some suggestions, purely as a viewer. It would be neat if you added more clips and less pictures. Don't get me wrong, pictures are cool, but there is less of an impact if there are too many. Another thing that would be interesting is, pause a video clip for a few seconds when it starts, so the viewer thinks it's a picture, then play it. That make sense :D ?

Overall, except for a few picture transition glitches, it was very well constructed. It's very easy to lose the attention of the viewer with just pictures and clips, but you avoided that with ease, you had my attention throughout. Very nicely done.

By the way, what are the pictures at 2:44 and 4:18 ?

Saads,
Thanks for taking the time.
2.44 is damage after an earth quake.
4.18 is a skin disease - the tyranny of disease (in a world where money can buy health).
The last sequence was a set of snaps of various tyrannies:
addiction, classism, consumerism, disease, distance (Australi's excuse for being so parochial), genocide (Oz is guilty of it just as much as Iraq), greed, ignorance, oppression, chairsma, expectations, Nationalism, capitalism, religion, Pol Pot (Ideology), sexism, racism, poverty & serial murderers (fear).
I raided the Hogfather for clips & threw in the Bill & Ted snippet to please my wife (a huge Keanu fan).
The band snippet was Joe's band Angels Fall but I didn't have anything of the other fellows that I haven't plundered before. I have asked, but they're shy gents in terms of self promotion.
I oike the idea about a paused start to a vid - I'll try it next time.
Thanks for the detailed look & commentary.
Cheers
ray

To me the video was almost incidental to the music track which I really enjoyed. The whole sound, esp the vocal, is quite Bowiesque. I like the nonstop driving incessant nature of the tune

Thanks Bulls,
The vid is just an excuse to have the song played on utub afterall so if it's less illustrative & more incidental that's excellent by me.
Thanks for your generous comments.

Back