Software and Recording

malachis

Hey everyone, I am Mali and this is a first post for me. I hope I selected the correct division. I am a musician, drummer primarily but also guitars and bass and wanted to get started creating cover videos. Just starting out, I am using my trusty ole Mackie CR1604 which is what I mix my drum kit and then into a Scarlett 2i2 2nd Gen. Now here is the question and I do apologize for the introduction of my situation, I thought it would help in a solution. The Scarlett came with Ableton and another daw but I spent an evening mixing my first recording and I cant save it because of the version. It is a free "Lite" version. Anyway, I do have software I use occasionally at work that I wondered if someone can tell me if it can and will do the job, and do it well. It is Adobe CC Audition and Premiere Pro. These are legal licensed so there is nothing under the table. Can someone help with that question please?

Hey everyone, I am Mali and this is a first post for me. I hope I selected the correct division. I am a musician, drummer primarily but also guitars and bass and wanted to get started creating cover videos. Just starting out, I am using my trusty ole Mackie CR1604 which is what I mix my drum kit and then into a Scarlett 2i2 2nd Gen. Now here is the question and I do apologize for the introduction of my situation, I thought it would help in a solution. The Scarlett came with Ableton and another daw but I spent an evening mixing my first recording and I cant save it because of the version. It is a free "Lite" version. Anyway, I do have software I use occasionally at work that I wondered if someone can tell me if it can and will do the job, and do it well. It is Adobe CC Audition and Premiere Pro. These are legal licensed so there is nothing under the table. Can someone help with that question please?

Usually Lite versions don't stop you saving the recording, they just limit the tracks or the time or something like that. If you have a problem using your work software, just download Reaper and use that.

In my experience-- and as PSR said-- lite versions of DAWs usually do allow you to save your recordings. It's the free trial versions which usually prevent you from saving or exporting your projects. But this might vary from DAW to DAW.

I know that Ableton Live Lite does indeed let you save, although it has heavy restrictions on the number of tracks you can use in a project.

Back