SOFTDANCE by Pygmy Beat

rayc

retroreprobate
Featuring our own RAMI & Ido1957.
I nicked the RAMI bits from online but he did play drums on the track.

My previous flicks were made using Windows Movie maker but the new version of that is awful so I'm trying Wondershare Video Editor.
Bog basic vid but better than my usual trawl of internet snaps stuff.

Nice song! Great colab and credit given. Might be nice to have actual vid clips of Rami playing the song, so they match, but most (outside of here) wouldn't notice. Love the selfie vocal bits.
My only nit is not really a nit at all, just seems out of balance: The whole thing is a bit lofi vid-wise, with a great, clean mix.

HA! Awesome! So cool to see Ido and you. Love that guitar of yours.

My drums sound like shit. But that's got nothing to do with you. That drum track has got to be at least 7 years old. All my tracks sounded that shit back then. Thin.

Great tune and fun video though. :cool:

Great vibe and feel here with the vid and the music, makes it fun to watch. This is a good tune and the band plays very well on all parts. The sax is lost in the mix though, and the vocals could use some punch as well, maybe some compression and eq tweaks would help. The aud/vid synch is off and on, kind of distracting. The vocal and sax shots have lots of action but the guitar and bass are just standing there, they should do something more I think, they're having fun right? All in all good job!

Ya - after playing for 40 years I still have no "personality" when I play. In my mind I'm Steven Tyler, on the outside I'm a statue.
I never got the chicks when I was gigging either. Luckily my wife met me at the office. Maybe if I was good looking like Rami...nah I'd still be a good looking statue. :D:D:D

Nice song! Great colab and credit given. Might be nice to have actual vid clips of Rami playing the song, so they match, but most (outside of here) wouldn't notice. Love the selfie vocal bits.
My only nit is not really a nit at all, just seems out of balance: The whole thing is a bit lofi vid-wise, with a great, clean mix.
Drums are probably the toughest to "drum sync" I'll bet but yeah more Rami would be cool next time - I liked the ending part where he gets up and walks to the camera :D
The selfie approach was equally cool by Terry and Ray's guitars are stellar ! :D

As RAMI wasn't playing this song in his videos I could only steal & use those bits tat fitted - hence there aren't many nor are they long enough to satisfy. I, generally, chose those that had a cymbal hit I could link to in an effort to create a semblance of it being in synch. The drum track was recorded in 2008!
Gerry's video is, as he says, just him playing and that's the way it's been in any video I've seen of him. Gerry recorded a solo not long after the drums I think but he rerecorded last year. Mind you the guitar does the talking & emoting so I think that it's a reasonable proposition that he JUST PLAY.
As for me: I'm shy. At work I'm not but that's part of my job - out front and outlandish. I lack confidence in my playing and I know it shows - at least I wasn't looking at a chord chart, (which is what I did when I played in bands), to avoid looking at anyone.
Thanks for the comments folks and a HUGE thank you to RAMI & Gerry for playing on the track and agreeing to be in the vid SOOOO many years after 1st engaging with it.

Last edited:
Sorry I missed this. Cool, I remember the song. Is that Ido singing and you on guitar? I probably said it before, but the sax solo reminds me of Psychedelic Furs.

Robus,
This song, the 1st of Pygmy Beat's collaborations on HR (2006ish) has Ido1957 playing the guitar solo, me on bass & guitars, RAMI on drums and a non HR person Terry Berman on sax & vocals. Terry & I have been writing/recording in fits & bursts since 85.
Thanks for your interest and comment.

This is cool ray. I watched this a week ago and forgot to comment.
I'm currently trying to cultivate some vid skillz.

Back