Rotating Hip Hop music video... too much?

Rei Music

So the whole idea of this video was to have a consistent rotating motion throughout the video to represent the passage of time (like a clock), which reflects the nostalgic feel/subject matter of the track. We were worried it was going to be disorientating and make people feel a little sick. What do you guys think, is it too much?

You can listen to the song on soundcloud here also: https://soundcloud.com/musicbyrei/hundy-club

It seemed to fine to me. I was expecting something more like the rotation in this one, which IS disorienting because of the low resolution and awkward editing.

Some good lighting/reflection effects going on.

I like the music and the video is very well done but unfortunately I get motion sickness/dizziness real easily and I couldn't watch this. I'm probably in the minority though. Maybe you could just have the rotation there every once in a while to tie back to the backwards clock theme and make it easier for some of us?

The rotation is slow enough not to be an issue.
As an effect it is pushed to monotony though so I'd suggest using it but throwing in some more variation, (not just when you hold it). the drinks thing is a missed opportunity - you should emphasize the upside puck up - take that section slowly or invert it.

Back