Reborn - Metal Tuning using a Line 6 Helix (more camera angles this time)

monkeymanx

Alright. Last time I posted a video I pretty much had one camera. I have 2 now. Sometimes 3 at my disposal. I think I did a better job on this video than the last one I posted. The tune is a heavy metal tune minus the screaming.

Do you really hold the mic stand while tracking vocals? Don't you get noise from that?

Wait, is this about drugs, suicide, or trans-humanism?

Do you really hold the mic stand while tracking vocals? Don't you get noise from that?

Wait, is this about drugs, suicide, or trans-humanism?

Hahaha!!! It's funny but back in the day when I was young I would record holding the microphone. Although something like a SM58 doesn't really make a lot of noise from holding or moving it.

Seriously though, no. After the recording is done I just sing and play along except for the drums and leads. What is recorded in the video are the actual takes but the vocals, bass and rhythm guitars are the recorded ones.

The song is actually about being held prisoner and being experimented on to which yields a poor outcome on the captors.

FWIW. Love the e-kit! Video seems well done to me, but I've never made one...

Thanks. The vdrums definitely make it easier as far as having a polished sound and not being noisy while playing. As long as you have a low latency capable interface, tracking via MIDI is pretty decent. Of course though, not as good or as fun as recording a live kit. When I mic my acoustic kit in the basement to record it seems like every great take I do the damn furnace kicks on hahaha!!!

Crank up the furnace for a bit before recording and then turn it off while recording. I forget sometimes myself...

Costume changes and shit like wearing sunglasses and wigs while doing seperate instruments might make this look a bit more cool...good work...

Back