Which program can do this??

scotia80

I usually find everything I need through the search function but not this I'm gonna try and explain it the best I can.

I'm looking for a programme that I can record all different instruments then switch between them on a final mix, for example say it's a 3 minute song I record a full 3 minutes of the singer performing the full song, full 3 minutes of the guitar and so on. Then when it's all synced at the start I could have say
1-singer
2-guitar
3.bass
4.drums

And run them all on a final mix but for example after 10 secs of intro on the guitar I press 4 and it goes to the drums, then when the vocals start press 1 and do that selecting the different parts for the full 3 mins to get a competed video.

I usually find everything I need through the search function but not this I'm gonna try and explain it the best I can.

I'm looking for a programme that I can record all different instruments then switch between them on a final mix, for example say it's a 3 minute song I record a full 3 minutes of the singer performing the full song, full 3 minutes of the guitar and so on. Then when it's all synced at the start I could have say
1-singer
2-guitar
3.bass
4.drums

And run them all on a final mix but for example after 10 secs of intro on the guitar I press 4 and it goes to the drums, then when the vocals start press 1 and do that selecting the different parts for the full 3 mins to get a competed video.

Any decent editor will allow you to run all four timelines/video clips simultaneously. I think you can automate the muting of the channels, or you could edit the clips to crossfade etc. I'm using Sony Music Studio.

Any decent editor will allow you to run all four timelines/video clips simultaneously. I think you can automate the muting of the channels, or you could edit the clips to crossfade etc. I'm using Sony Music Studio.

Yeah I'll be muting the video and using the recorded audio, so is this do able on the Sony music studio your using??
This is my first venture into this kinda thing but it's how I would like to do it
I

Yeah I'll be muting the video and using the recorded audio, so is this do able on the Sony music studio your using??
This is my first venture into this kinda thing but it's how I would like to do it
I
Yes, Sony Music Studio does that and much, much more. Even better, there's a fully-functional 30-day free trial of it. If you like it after the 30 days, it's a very reasonable cost to purchase. About 30 or so dollars, if I remember correctly. It's a fewer-featured version of their flagship Sony Vegas professional editing suite.

Yes, Sony Music Studio does that and much, much more. Even better, there's a fully-functional 30-day free trial of it. If you like it after the 30 days, it's a very reasonable cost to purchase. About 30 or so dollars, if I remember correctly. It's a fewer-featured version of their flagship Sony Vegas professional editing suite.

Superb thanks for your help mate, fewer features will probably be better for me just starting I'll check it out

Superb thanks for your help mate, fewer features will probably be better for me just starting I'll check it out

No problem. :) If you want to see the kind of things that can be done with it, check out my video "Marianas" on this page. Bear in mind this was my first attempt at a video with no previous experience.

No problem. :) If you want to see the kind of things that can be done with it, check out my video "Marianas" on this page. Bear in mind this was my first attempt at a video with no previous experience.

Very impressive mate for a first time effort how long did it take editing??
I had nothing as elaborate in my head just performance with a bit of filter or black and white for acoustic songs but it's good to know it's capable of doing what you done in the basic package

You can automate mutes/solos in Movie Studio?

When I've wanted to accomplish similar things recently, I've been slicing out chunks of the video.

What I'd really like tho is takes, but you need to upgrade to Vegas for that.

Reaper can do this. It wouldn't take too much to set it up very close to what the OP asked for - realtime switching by pushing keys on the keyboard. I'm not great at those kinds of custom actions/scripting things, but I know it could be done.

The feature your looking for is called "Multicam Editing"

look for any video editing software that can do that. My personal favourite (and what i use to make money) is Final Cup Pro X. Adobe Premiere Pro also works. DaVinci Resolve is totally free and legit and just as powerful.

Take your pick!

The feature your looking for is called "Multicam Editing"

look for any video editing software that can do that. My personal favourite (and what i use to make money) is Final Cup Pro X. Adobe Premiere Pro also works. DaVinci Resolve is totally free and legit and just as powerful.

Take your pick!

Excellent mate this looks exactly what I'm wanting to do and free aswell cheers

https://youtu.be/h4YF5qz0kdA

Looks like I'm starting all over again with my search guys as my 8g of ram doesn't seem upto DaVinci Resolve shame as it looks an excellent program

Should have said too it's windows 10 I'm using

Looks like I'm starting all over again with my search guys as my 8g of ram doesn't seem upto DaVinci Resolve shame as it looks an excellent program

Should have said too it's windows 10 I'm using

Thats odd, I run Resolve and all of my filmaking software off of my Macbook Pro of 8GB RAM. And my Windows machine has 8GB too and never struggled with resolve other than the resolution of the screen.

Are you perhaps running a 32-bit version of Win 10? That would actually make you have 4GB of RAM, definitely too little. If you are on 64-bit, it really shouldnt struggle. However, the GPU Ram is quite important to Resolve, what graphics card do you have?

It should have at least 1GB of RAM, 2GB to be comfortable.

If you are A-Okay then I suggest contacting their support, I'm sure they will be helpful and friendly. And you should be able to run it!

You can automate mutes/solos in Movie Studio?

When I've wanted to accomplish similar things recently, I've been slicing out chunks of the video.

What I'd really like tho is takes, but you need to upgrade to Vegas for that.

After learning from previous posters that the feature is called "Multicam editing", I did a quick google search and found a really handy explanation on Reddit on how to do this in Sony Movie Studio!
Here's the Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/VideoEditi...movie_studio_platinum_12_multicam_editing_it/

In short summary: From the Media explorer window, select the clips you want and RIGHT-CLICK DRAG them down to the track, you may then chose "Add as Takes". You may then hit Ctrl + Shift + D and voilà, they're all there :) You can now easily switch between the takes by either clicking on them, or using the numbers on your keyboard :)

No need to upgrade to Vegas!

I just found this out myself so haven't tried it in a "real" situation yet, but it sure seems to be one hell of a time saver!

Back