possible to change a guitar color in video?

damianhk

I may use some old footage for a video. I may be able to pull off changing color in a photo, but is it possible to change the color in a video? The lines don't have to be precise, maybe even a glow or blur effect. Just gathering info before i decide on a direction. thanks.

Depends on which video editor you are using.

I did this little Star Wars violin video where I changed my daughter's violin bow to a light sabre. It was a lot of work and it didn't come out very good, lol. Basically, it was frame by frame editing.

You might find a way to automate the color swap, but again, really depends on which editor you are using.

i was thinking it might be a frame by frame process. not sure of the editor, because i probably will find someone to do it for me; just had no clue of that was an easy or difficult task. I'm guessing that a filter could be used to change the color of everything.

If the guitar itself is a distinct color from everything else in the shot, you could chroma-key (i.e. blue/green screen) it out. That would avoid making you edit frame-by-frame, but would mean that the guitar would either be matte-colored or would remain constant despite moving. (i.e. the background would pan based on the guitar's position)

good info for future and when i learn more. I did find "rehan tfx shader". These are effects used in windows movie maker, and included is a green filter. The green moves from pants, to curtains and then guitar, but I'll grab those clips and keep shooting til i get what i need. thank you.

Back