Opinion on our latest music video,

Ycremer

Hi everyone,

First thing first, I hope I am posting in the right section.

We are a Belgo - American pop duo and we wanted to ask opinions on our latest original song and video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6BaLNIWVYQ

Please feel free to let us know what you think, we're interested on people's feelings about both music and video, in order to always get better.

Cheers,

Yannick & Steffi

Lose the opening title sequence. It's almost 10% of the entire video and covers the singers face when she starts singing.

There are moments when the singers head gets cut out of frame.

Honestly, I found the video kind of boring throughout. There was the zoom on "so" around 1:57, and that was kind of cool. Otherwise, I just wasn't invested in anything that was going on.

Technically, I suppose it was professionally-done as far as I can tell.

Thanx for your answers!

I think we need to add something to our next video to really make it stand out and make it interesting from A to Z. I could understand that, even if well done, it can be boring.

Hi everyone,

First thing first, I hope I am posting in the right section.

We are a Belgo - American pop duo and we wanted to ask opinions on our latest original song and video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6BaLNIWVYQ

Please feel free to let us know what you think, we're interested on people's feelings about both music and video, in order to always get better.

Cheers,

Yannick & Steffi
Fully agree with unneeded long opening titles. Titles should be short and maybe even better at the end.
The scene is truly static, monotone and very claustrophobic. It is like its shot in one room and never get out of it *though the song is nice. It makes video very monotone and limiting and even the singer walking doesn't help cause she never gets out.
The white bright light destroys any intimacy, romance or mystery which could exist in the video. It looks and it is a cheap shot in well-lit room, more suitable for a math lecture.
Evening or dark room shot with candles could really improve it, but not at the awful face angle.

Please take look at the Japanese cover version of Gazebo's I like Chopin, also budget and home-made, but much much more artistic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlfzrDCEVA8

Another cover of this song, entirely focusing on piano, but very beautiful, by a japanese rocker Kra. Again, its a low budget, but with effects and filters, it looks awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqgSx6JHCOM

Since the songs of yours are nice, I hope you can take clues from these videos and make a truly artistic video of her song.

Last edited:
Alright, thanx for the constructive comment, StoneJack!

We're currently working on our next vid, we'll post it here in a bit :-)

Last edited:
man, you really wouldn't listen to anyone. This one is even stranger than previous one. Why then you keep posting here if you don't listen to what we think.

I'm not crazy about the video. After seeing it I'm not really sure what the song was about or what the guy in the chair was doing. I think an actual story to the video might make it more watchable.

Hi guys!

It's been months now since I was here and we took your opinions into consideration.

Musically, visually and even in terms of the duo : we restarted the whole thing.

Here is the second video of the rebooted projet : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHZCH_Y-onA

We wanted to cover that classic French song (I - the guitar player - personally, am Belgian, it only made sense to cover that song with an American singer :-) ) our own way and... We hope you like it!

Your opinions matter a lot, as friends' opinions are very biased. Also, a French speaker who loves the original will I think, love or hate it. So...

Yannick

It looks and sounds good to me. I kept thinking it sounded familiar, then I realized that when I was young I often heard an adaptation of that song called If You Go Away.

Your opinions matter a lot, as friends' opinions are very biased.

i.e. we don't know you well, so we'll be brutally honest! :D

There's definite improvement from your earlier work. Variety of locations, sets, and outfits. Distinct sense of narrative.

A note on threads: You might get more traction on the forums by posting a new thread for each video. You could link back to the older threads so we can compare them. But I feel like a lot of people will click on this thread, see that it started a year and a half ago, and then leave without reading it.

i.e. we don't know you well, so we'll be brutally honest! :D

There's definite improvement from your earlier work. Variety of locations, sets, and outfits. Distinct sense of narrative.

A note on threads: You might get more traction on the forums by posting a new thread for each video. You could link back to the older threads so we can compare them. But I feel like a lot of people will click on this thread, see that it started a year and a half ago, and then leave without reading it.

Thank you for your answer!

You're right about posting a new thread, I will next time!

The title looks very amateur while the rest of the video not that much.

The lights in the close ups reflect too much light to the singer's face too.

Back