new video

kcearl

I see deaf people
Its not short, nearly 9 minutes long, and a bit of an analogue wankfest. Video's quite basic too but I want to get started on having a channel

meant to be a bit retro???

You moved this over from the mp3 clinic? why? I feel like the video's not super-integral to the whole thing.

The song does take a while to get going. I do dig the triumphant 80s vibe once it does tho.

Ah I moved it because its a video and not really about the mix I guess. Yeah the video will basically be what all my videos will be...Im not much of a film maker lol.

Truimphant 80s vibe? I like it :D

Its a long night out in a pub in a place called the Tranmare Hotel in 1985...but if you werent there that night you prolly wouldnt hear it, and I changed the spelling to protect the innocent :)

Ok. I'm not sure how much feedback we can give on the video. It's fairly simple, like a Winamp visualizer. (Which isn't a problem per-se; it's just difficult to critique)

Its the spectrum analyzer in Ableton that I recorded then green screened a Push controller using PXT scripts to get meters.

It was a lot of work for basically nothing, but I learned a few things while doing it as Im fairly new to video software.

:)

Other than the drums (kontakt) and the guitar, its all analogue synths. About 50% of it is my modular. Great fun to jam with.

The mix is good for me but I kept getting a weird sense that the synth notes were flat. Maybe because it's 6am and my ears are just waking up lol. There was a part where it sounds like you were deliberately playing with the pitch wheel. That's not it - it's before that. I vote for more bass :)

it's pretty cool man. I like analog synth sounds a lot. It's pretty creative and has a lot of depth in the mix. Sounds good.

The mix is good for me but I kept getting a weird sense that the synth notes were flat. Maybe because it's 6am and my ears are just waking up lol. There was a part where it sounds like you were deliberately playing with the pitch wheel. That's not it - it's before that. I vote for more bass :)

Not sure which part were flat as the pitch effect (recording to vhs tape) is through loads of it. Its prolly meant to sound like that, i spent more time on sounds than composition...thats why its such a mess lol

it's pretty cool man. I like analog synth sounds a lot. It's pretty creative and has a lot of depth in the mix. Sounds good.

Cheers Jim....yeah theres something about analogue synths...sure they can be recreated, but theres just something timeless about the real thing...plus loads of knobs and faders to play with ;)

Back