New South African Indie Music Video - "Happiest In Water"

TheAquired

Hey guys :)

So i'm back to ask for feedback on a new music video I have just finished. It was released about last week. Some of you may remember the heavy rock performance music video I did a few months ago. I feel like I was able to take the advice I was given then, and hopefully you will agree that this one came out even better :)

Any thoughts on both the music recording, and the music video production is greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much, as always!

Nice song and video! Do you all play those horns? That would sound cool in this song.

Hard to find anything wrong with this. The colors...of the car, shirts, drums, all blend beautifully with the environment. I like the ending, ( I need to do hard endings but almost always end up fading out :) ). Walking out to the sunset on the beach. Very cool.

This is great video, man!
The only thing is the dusk scene of sports and play on the beach would probably benefit from more additional lighting, as the scene becomes too dark.
But great nevertheless!

Not for sure how you did this, but it looks to be very professional and the recording is really first class. Very professional.

Loved the quality of this video! I really liked how you portrayed all the shots and how you conducted each of the camera movements!

Hey guys, thanks for all the positive feedback! :D I very much appreciate it. All of the tracking was done in the drummers lounge by the way. I think it was just the mixing that pulled it together quite well. Glad to hear that there aren't any major complaints. I will be releasing a new music video in the next moth or so, and I look forward to hearing more on that one as well. Its a bit more experimental, so I am not sure its going to work 100%!

P.S. I'm a film-student, currently 19 years old. So I'm very glad its coming across as professional! :D

Hey guys, thanks for all the positive feedback! :D I very much appreciate it. All of the tracking was done in the drummers lounge by the way. I think it was just the mixing that pulled it together quite well. Glad to hear that there aren't any major complaints. I will be releasing a new music video in the next moth or so, and I look forward to hearing more on that one as well. Its a bit more experimental, so I am not sure its going to work 100%!

P.S. I'm a film-student, currently 19 years old. So I'm very glad its coming across as professional! :D

I very like the video.
Around 3.10 or so, when the dusk turns dark, could you add some light effects? make it a bit brighter or something. Just an suggestion.

I very like the video.
Around 3.10 or so, when the dusk turns dark, could you add some light effects? make it a bit brighter or something. Just an suggestion.

Hey StoneJack, thanks for the view and the compliment. I appreciate your suggestion, but its a look I wanted to stick to. I wanted the dust shots to look darker, so that the viewer can really feel the atmosphere of that darker time. Doesn't really help to make those scenes bright, because you'll lose the contrast with the brighter day shots :) Perhaps I'm totally wrong on this! I will definitely experiment with it for my own benefit and see what lightening the scene does for the mood

thanks for the feedback :)

i know its impossible to reshoot those nice dusk photos, but I was thinking something like a portable stove, candle or perhaps a lighting could give some great lighting effects like this:

200171225-001.jpg

but anyway, its just a suggestion :)

Back