My 1st video edit in Final Cut Pro

So, a couple of editing goofs in the intro, mostly with the audio. First is an intro tune that breaks into some dialog and the transition isn't smooth, then on to Pat Benetar. I think what you're trying to do is really difficult because the sound bed is different between each shot. During the dialog part, there's a lot of background noise. Not sure how to prevent it except to get the mic as close as possible to the actor/singer.

But you've got some really great shots in there. Especially the night time stuff. That D7000 puts out some nice images. I am impressed with the dynamic range of the night time stuff.

I think some of the framing could be better. Lot of shots where the people heads are cut off right above the eyebrows. IDK, maybe that's intentional, it does kind of say something, but I get the imprssion it's not intentional.

Anyways, cool. Thanks for posting it up for us!!

So, a couple of editing goofs in the intro, mostly with the audio. First is an intro tune that breaks into some dialog and the transition isn't smooth, then on to Pat Benetar. I think what you're trying to do is really difficult because the sound bed is different between each shot. During the dialog part, there's a lot of background noise. Not sure how to prevent it except to get the mic as close as possible to the actor/singer.

But you've got some really great shots in there. Especially the night time stuff. That D7000 puts out some nice images. I am impressed with the dynamic range of the night time stuff.

I think some of the framing could be better. Lot of shots where the people heads are cut off right above the eyebrows. IDK, maybe that's intentional, it does kind of say something, but I get the imprssion it's not intentional.

Anyways, cool. Thanks for posting it up for us!!

Thanks for the feedback. I am super new video the video end of things. I think you were right about the framing a lot of people said heads were cut off. I am going to work on that for the next video and also give the sequence better transitions and hold the shots for less time. Any other tips def let me know. I am supposed to shoot a new video today or tomorrow so I should have new footage up next week. thanks again for the feedback

with every production you gon find your own mistakes and pppl gon always find some others.. at the end of the day .. THIS SHIT IS HOT! congrats on the video prouduction.. the storyline match the lyrics the flows tite.. hot azzz beat tooo..
big upz!
WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE. please go to this page https://www.facebook.com/Gully.Jewelz.DMV and comment about the song TURN IT UP

Back